Repeating the Remarkable: "Good" is No Longer Good Enough
EBSCO Publishing has just released a new book summary. In Repeat the Remarkable, Perry M. Holley asserts that being “good” is no longer good enough. Achieving great results in today’s world requires remarkable performances, time after time. Therefore, leaders must learn how to keep delivering over the long haul. Holley’s “model for remarkable” not only explains how to accomplish this, but it presents tools and processes that allow leaders to develop remarkable mindsets of their own and to inspire those mindsets in the teams they lead. Holley’s model, drawn from his experience at IBM, shows how remarkable choices can create a foundation, framework, and functionality for sustained excellence in any field.
Perry M. Holley offers readers the following advice:
· Remarkability is the ability to reliably deliver an excellent performance.
· The foundation of remarkability includes the clear definition of goals, the purpose behind those goals, and the fact that remarkable people know exactly what their goals are and why they matter.
· The framework of remarkability includes four concepts: exceptional behavior, preparation, discipline, and persistence.
· The functionality of remarkability includes a mindset of excellence and a high character
· Remarkable people do things right the first time, are continually learning and growing, lead themselves to excellence through discipline, and never give up.
· Remarkable people also hold themselves to high standards both in their workplaces and in their daily lives.
In addition to a 7-10 page summary of the book, each Business Book Summary includes a Key Concepts section that outlines the main points of the book, an About the Author section that informs readers of the author’s background as well as their additional written works, and a Features of the Book Section that explains the special features found within the book.
For busy professionals, Business Book Summaries from EBSCO provide an easy, quick way to stay on top of the best business books in the market. With many titles available in audio format, it becomes even easier to obtain the helpful information available in these top business titles.
For more information and to get free samples of Business Book Summaries, please visit www.bizsum.com.