Your privacy is critically important to us. At prlog.org, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on our website is shared publicly or kept private.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
- Our websites;
- Our mobile applications;
- Our other products and services that are available on or through our websites; and
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so-for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let's go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us.
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account.
For example, we require individuals who sign up for a prlog.org account to provide an email address. Depending on the Services,
we may also ask for full name, phone number, company name, company title and website.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile.
For example, if you have a prlog.org account, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile,
such as a photo or an "About Me" description. Your public profile information is just that-public-so please keep that in
mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us, you will provide additional personal and
payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content .
For example, if you write a post or profile that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information,
and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This might be obvious to you...but it's not to everyone!
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys,
communicate with us about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices,
and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference,
referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information
when you use our Services-for example, when you create or make changes to your website on prlog.org.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information
about the actions that users perform on our site-in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on the site.
We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services
(e.g., page views, support document searches, features enabled for your content, and other parts of our Services)
along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer).
We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services,
so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information)
if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system's permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app.
We access this stored information through your device operating system's permissions. For example, if you give us permission
to access the photographs on your mobile device's camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device
when you upload a photograph to be posted on your content.
- Interactions with Other Users' Sites: We collect some information about your interactions with other users' content
while you are logged in to your account with us, such as your "Likes" and the fact that you commented on a particular post,
so that we can, for example, recommend posts we think may interest you.
- Information from Cookies & Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores
on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
other technologies like pixel tags to help us identify and track visitors, usage, and access preferences for our Services,
as well as track and understand email campaign effectiveness and to deliver targeted ads.
prlog.org visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their
of prlog.org's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your prlog.org account
through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Twitter),
we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list)
via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize
and any options that are available.
We may also get information, such as a mailing address or email addresses, from third party services about individuals
who are not yet our users (...but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services-for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your content, backup and restore your content,
or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services-for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or
will help them to create and manage their content more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our
Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition-
for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used
by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent
transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of prlog.org and others,
which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by prlog.org and others we
think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on prlog.org and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to
groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time),
and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with
you or is necessary to administer your account-for example, in order to enable access to our content on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information-for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve
our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you,
to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition,
to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose information about you to our subsidiaries,
our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us
provide our Services or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information
about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your content.
This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and
debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and
email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you),
those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group
or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers),
and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example,
provide technical or other support services to you.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith
that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of prlog.org, third parties, or the public at large.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion
of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that prlog.org goes out of business or enters bankruptcy,
user information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example,
we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services
that you connect to your content.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified,
so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics
about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Other Site Owners: If you have a prlog.org account and leave a comment on a post, your IP address and the email address associated
with your prlog.org account may be shared with the administrator(s) of the content where you left the comment.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms),
we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is-you guessed it-disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public,
and your "Likes" and comments on other websites, are all available to others-and we hope you get a lot of views!
For example, the photo that you upload to your public profile, or a default image if you haven't uploaded one,
along with other public profile information, will display with the comments and "Likes" that you make on other users' content
while logged in to your prlog.org account. Your public profile information may also display with your comments,
"Likes," and other interactions on websites that use our service, if the email address associated with your account with
us is the same as the email address that you use on the other website.
We also provide a stream of public data (like posts and comments) to subscribers, who may view and analyze the content
(all subject to our Terms of Service), and may or may not have rights to re-publish it, publicly.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect
and use it-which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information-and we are not legally required to
continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access,
use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings,
like Two Step Authentication if we offer it.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional
account information, optional profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if
you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with
the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages.
If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, prlog.org does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Services.
However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using prlog.org's websites,
with the drawback that certain features of prlog.org's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we'd be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your prlog.org account.
Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above-
for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests,
or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
Data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer,
but if you aren't able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well,
find out how to reach us.
Other Things You Should Know
Because prlog.org's Services are offered worldwide, the information about you that we process when you use the Services may be used,
stored, and/or accessed by individuals operating anywhere in the world who work for us,
other members of our group of companies, or third party data processors. This is required for the purposes listed in the
How and Why We Use Information section above. When providing information about you to entities, we will take appropriate measures
to ensure that the recipient protects your personal information adequately.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Ads appearing on any of our Services may be delivered by advertising networks. Other parties may also provide analytics
services via our Services. These ad networks and analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect
information about your use of our Services and across other websites and online services. These technologies allow these
third parties to recognize your device to compile information about you or others who use your device. This information
allows us and other companies to, among other things, analyze and track usage, determine the popularity of certain content,
collection of information by prlog.org and does not cover the collection of information by any third party advertisers or
Third Party Software
If you'd like to use third party plugins or extensions that enable services provided by third parties, or other third party software,
please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself (or your site visitors) to those third parties.
We don't own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information, which you should review.
we will notify you by revising the date below, and, in some cases, we may provide additional notice
(such as adding a statement to our homepage, or sending you a notification through email or your dashboard).
How to Reach Us
please contact us.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We want to make your experience online satisfying and
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and
the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what
information we gather and how we use it.
Information We Gather and Track
We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions, for example -
to receive our electronic newsletters, to submit content, etc.
- Information we gather through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our
site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs.
We Gather User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by
- Electronic Newsletter -
We offer optional electronic newsletters to users. We gather the
email address and other information of users who voluntarily subscribe. Such information is used to send customized
electronic newsletter to the subscribers. Users may remove themselves from
this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management
- Content Submission -
We offer an optional content submission (press releases, jobs, business listing, product listings, etc) facility to users.
Any information such gathered may be automatically published
on our website and made available to our website visitors, search engines, other websites, our
newsletter subscribers and by any other means not mentioned here.
- Free Account -
We offer an optional free account to users interested in advanced features.
Any information such gathered is used to customize the user's experience.
- "Email to Friend" Feature -
Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by using an online form.
The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is
used to let the recipient know who sent the email. The user's IP address is also sent to the recipient for security
purposes (Most of the online as well as offline email programs have the same behavior).
- "Contact Author" Feature -
Our site users can choose to electronically contact the content author by using an online form. The user
must provide their email address. This information is used to let the recipient know who sent the email. The user's IP
address is also sent to the recipient for security purposes (Most of the online as well as offline email programs have
the same behavior).
- Polling -
We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our
audience thinks about important issues. We may use a system so that users can vote only once on a particular question.
Opinions or any other information to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user.
- Surveys -
We may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience and to improve our services.
- Preferences -
Users may voluntarily provide personal preferences like timezone, etc.
Any information such gathered is used to customize user experience.
We never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting
We track user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data
about individual users. We do break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type,
refering page, MIME type, etc by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's
We sometimes track and catalog the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never
associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't
like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs
overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
We may place a text file called a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain
Personal Information although it will enable us to relate your use of this site to information that you have
specifically and knowingly provided. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other
Use/Sharing of Information
We use any information given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to
provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to
enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those
areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us
continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of
what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
We create aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This
allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent
to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know
that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply
with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We may share limited aggregate reports with our site users so that they can know how their content is performing.
We use third party advertisements on our site to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology
such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google
through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our
site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New
York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to our site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page
and/or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We will comply with legal process served on us requiring the disclosure of user information and we may,
at our discretion, disclose any user information requested by third parties as part of an investigation
into the breach of our terms of service.
We don't share any voluntary or non-voluntary information gathered by us by means other than explained above.
Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals
have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any
personally identifiable information from our users.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us. If we decide to change our
we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it.