News By Tag
News By Place
New Business Book Summary Available for The Zombie Business Cure
Organizations often exhibit five common zombie-like traits:
• Lacking awareness and consideration.
• Being unpredictable and careless.
• Lacking agility.
• Being indistinguishable from one another.
• Focusing only on survival and self-sustainment.
To counteract these traits, a company must begin with having a strong sense of company identity--core values and purpose that drive company decisions, behaviors, and goals--and an unwavering commitment to that identity. The zombie business cure is grounded in identity and combats the above five traits with authentic communication that embodies the following five characteristics:
1. Mindfulness. Companies should be present, engaged, aware, and more purposeful in their observations and responses to their audiences.
2. Stability. Companies should demonstrate steady leadership, maintain consistent communication, and make authentic connections with their audiences.
3. Flexibility. Companies should maintain flexibility within the framework of their chosen identities. They should listen closely and respond deliberately during crises, and use the iteration cycle to make small changes over time.
4. Originality. Companies should stand out from their competitors. They must combine identity with creativity to provide an original product or service, and they must be able to communicate about it in an original way.
5. Giving. Companies should develop a "sense of care"--an overall attitude that is less self-seeking and more about contributing.
To learn more, please visit www.bizsum.com