Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for its intake in January 2013
Sheffield Hallam University (SHU), today invites applications for postgraduate courses for its intake starting January 2013 as their second round of admissions.
SHU has its academic excellence and value-based education, offering 750+ courses to 35,000 students including 4,250 international students from 120 different countries. SHU has collaborations with several Indian Universities including Vidyalankar School of Technology, Mumbai, Symbiosis University, Pune, Christ University, Bangalore, Techno India NJR, Udaipur, Bhagwant Group of Institution, Ajmer, Manipal and seeks to imbibe a global mindset in its students.
According to Sudha Mary Toppo, Regional Coordinator, Sheffield Hallam University, “SHU is one among very few UK universities which offers this intake in January considering the fact that most universities in India declare their results late which deprive Indian students to pursue higher studies abroad. We are hopeful that our newly introduced courses and the scholarships will immensely benefit the students.”
The last date for submission of application is December 12th 2012 and the form can be downloaded from SHU’s website www.shu.ac.uk or in person from the regional centre in Delhi. The deadline for Scholarship applications is November 30th 2012.
Brief on the newly introduced courses:
MSC Logistics And Supply Chain – This course provides the students with the opportunity to develop their understanding of current best practice in the theory and application of leading processes and systems in logistics, operations engineering and global supply chain management. It helps them in increasing their career potential by improving their knowledge and experience in logistics and the global supply chain, technical and problem solving skills, supply chain management techniques, management skills and ability to take on greater responsibility. It develops transferable skills wanted by employers, such as problem solving, team working and presentation skills while increasing your self confidence and developing an independent attitude to work and learning.
Who should apply?
· Supply chain practitioners wanting to become technical specialists or managers in industrial and manufacturing companies
· Recent graduates beginning a career in this dynamic area
· Engineers and managers needing to develop their skills in logistics and supply chain management
· Other well qualified individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the logistics and supply chain industry
MSc Strategic Operations Management - The course is focused on the core business knowledge and skills needed to provide successful all round solutions to business problems which are both strategic and operational. It gives students the specialist knowledge, skills, and experience of strategic operation management. There is now a growing need for managers and consultants who can excel in these areas and can manage across the organization.
Who should apply?
· A graduate in a business or management discipline aiming to increase your knowledge and skills before starting a career in strategic operations management
· An IT graduate aiming to develop your soft skills and business support knowledge in strategic operations management
· A business professional with a solid understanding of core business and management concepts wanting to deepen your knowledge and skills in strategic operations management and business process management
About Sheffield Hallam University: Sheffield Hallam University (SHU), established in 1843, is one of the most progressive universities in the United Kingdom. Last year the total number of Indian students that enrolled at SHU was 400. Ranked first in the International Student Barometer Survey 2011 among 65 universities worldwide and rated as 6th among modern UK universities in research power.