Learn the mechanism of wood structure with Crazy For Study
By: Crazy For Study
The book is a leading manual to take reference to wood design. It is updated with the latest codes and data continued the sterling standard set by previous editions. It gives you a thorough reference that leads you through the complete design of a wood structure, following the same sequence used in the actual design.
To mechanize the wood structures, you need several steps to perform, which is highlighted in this manual. Right from choosing the wood type to framing it before construction, all these steps require accuracy. Read these essential steps required to build a wood structure.
· You need to keep in mind that the wood type you are using to distinguish different sections should be easily mechanized. It will help prevent changes in the later stages of your construction project. However, many architects ignore this step which results in poor construction.
· You need to understand the properties of wood their transformation according to time. If we take the example of timber and Oregon pine, timber is affected by humidity, whereas, Oregon pine is resistant to humidity, termite, and mold.
· Location of your project also influences the design of your wood structure. Suppose you choose a dry wood in a chamber, the humidity in the finished structures should remain stable. Whereas, if your project is on the coast or in a humid environment, you need to choose wood, which is water tolerant.
· Woods are good conductors of fire. Never built a project with non-laminated wood because it is a good conductor of heat, whereas laminated ones are fire resistant and their outer layer is only burnt.
· Joints are the core strength of any structure, whether it's your body or construction project. Your inner joints should be firm and long-lasting. You can connect your wood piece with the concrete material, or there are a series of hidden joints and assemblies that can be attached with bolts or other metal pieces.
If you want to know more about these structural mechanisms, connect with Crazy For Study, and get the best solutions manual to meet your requirement only at $7. For more details, visit our official website or call us at +1 (775) 500-0051.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 28, 2020