It's The Last Free First Thursday Night Of The Season!
MAM is partnering with the Montclair Bounce Festival, a playful, town-wide exploration of ways to brighten our days and strengthen our spirits. Free First Thursday Night offers numerous ways to engage with the Montclair Bounce Festival, including:
· Montclair Bounce Festival Info Table in Leir Hall, 5–8 p.m.
· Been There & Back Advice Table, on the grounds, 5–8 p.m.
· Intergenerational arts presentation with MAM's Bridges educators. Educators will discuss how the Bridges program brings together local middle schoolers and people living with Alzheimers and dementia through multidisciplinary art experiences that includes gallery conversations, art making projects, creative storytelling, or music and movement, Leir Hall 5:30–6:30 p.m.
As always MAM's Free First Thursday Night offers visitors multiple ways to engage and experience art of all kinds. Highlights of the evening include:
· Buzz Slam: A poetry reading with six Buzz Aldrin Middle School students, 6 p.m. in Lehman Court
· Pictures Concert: Produced by the New Jersey Arts Collective, the Pictures Concert is a unique concert that explores the intersection of art and music. New Jersey students will be performing original music, inspired by the art in MAM's galleries! 7 p.m. in Leir Hall.
· Gallery Conversations, an informal tour of the work of George Inness, meet in the Elevator Lobby at 6:30 p.m.
· Gallery Conversations, an informal tour of New Jersey Crafts Annual: New Directions in Fiber Art, meet in the Elevator Lobby at 7:30 p.m.
· Learn more about Summer Reading, for all ages, at the Montclair Public Library Summer Reading Info Table in Leir Hall
· Drop-in Draw Along in Studio B
· Kathryn Marie Juliano Art Scholarship Fund Reception in Geyer Studio
· Get creative with our Community Mandala Project
· Live Music with Poets and Thieves in the galleries and the Montclair Community Band outside
· Food Trucks: Thai Elephant and The Empanada Guy
· Visit the Family Learning Lab on the 3rd floor
Free First Thursday Nights are made possible by TD Bank.
About the Montclair Art Museum (MAM)
The Montclair Art Museum (MAM) boasts a renowned collection of American and Native American art that uniquely highlights art making in the United States over the last 300 years. The Vance Wall Art Education Center encompasses all the Museum's educational efforts, including award-winning Yard School of Art studio classes, lectures and talks, family events, tours, and the mobile MAM Art Truck. MAM exhibitions and programs serve a wide public of all ages, from families and seniors to artists, educators, and scholars.
Address: 3 South Mountain Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042
Gallery & The Store at MAM Hours: Wednesdays through Sundays, 12–5 p.m.
Free First Thursday Nights: 1st Thursday of the month (October–June)
Student & Senior Fridays: 1st Friday of the month, 12–5 p.m. Free admission for students and seniors with valid ID
$12 nonmember adults
$10 veterans, seniors, and students with valid ID
FREE children under 12
All Museum programs are made possible, in part, by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a Partner Agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, and by funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, Carol and Terry Wall / The Vance Wall Foundation, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and Museum members.