News By Tag
News By Location
A Self-Help Course for Youth, Ages 13-19
Can you use your influence to help stop school shootings? Forward this course to family and friends and throughout the internet.
By: College of Mental Health Counselling
course description and requirements
College of Mental Health Counselling
Register by March 1, 2018
Distribute this description to parents, school counsellors and administrators, and wherever teens are found.
Adults over age 19 may enroll in a similar course at www.ctihalifax.com
The successful student possesses excellent reading comprehension skills, writing composition skills, email skills, and psychological-
To help you experience the exploration of your personal life, thoughts and emotions, and your relationships with others and to increase your self-awareness and mindfulness.
You Will Learn:
1. How to identify and express your difficult emotions in healthy ways, for example, fear, anger, guilt, sadness, emptiness, low self-worth, and despair.
2. How to listen empathically to others' needs and be assertive in communicating your own needs, feelings, and thoughts.
3. How to give and receive negative feedback or criticism respectfully.
4. How to identify and help anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
5. How to solve problems and make decisions.
6. How to identify and positively understand different influences on your life, for example, relationships with parents and peers.
7. How to feel OK again after a loss or breakup.
Course Materials (provided with tuition and available at the following links):
1. Essential Effective Communication Skills (https://issuu.com/
2. Effective Counselling Skills (https://www.amazon.ca/
3. Fifteen Principles of Feedback and Criticism (https://www.academia.edu/
4. Anger Self-Assessment (https://www.academia.edu/
5. Life Story Questionnaire (https://www.academia.edu/
1. Create and design a minimum of 100 to 120 long and short-answer questions reflecting the scope and depth of the text and the article "Essential Effective Communication Skills," with page numbers where answers are found in the text.
2. Complete and submit the Life Story Questionnaire (https://www.academia.edu/
3. Complete the Anger Self-Assessment (https://www.academia.edu/
4. Read A_Technology_
The $40 tuition can be provided through paypal at this link (https://www.paypal.com/
The Course Certificate of Development in Personal Wellness will be issued by regular mail when we have received your tuition and completed assignments. Professional support from your instructor is available daily.
Time for Completion:
Depending on your learning style and pace, the course may require about four weeks, allowing two hours per weekday to complete all assignments. Time extensions to complete assignments are approved on request.
To Register, email email@example.com and provide your age, your full name to be printed on the course Certificate, and your full regular mailing address where your Certificate should be sent. All personal information is known only to the instructor and is never shared with other parties unless harm is threatened. Remember to pay your tuition through paypal at this secure link (https://www.paypal.com/
Your instructor is Daniel Keeran, MSW, a professional counsellor and trainer having over 30 years' experience. He is author of numerous books and articles on counselling, personal development, spirituality, philosophy, mindfulness, anger, grief, and more. Professional support from your instructor is available daily.
Daniel Keeran, MSW