Mental Health Course for Youth, Ages 13-19
Course Objective: To help you experience the exploration of your personal life, thoughts and emotions, and your relationships with others.
By: College of Mental Health Counselling
course description and requirements
College of Mental Health Counselling, Victoria, Canada
To help you experience the exploration of your personal life, thoughts and emotions, and your relationships with others.
You Will Learn:
1. How to identify and express your difficult emotions in healthy ways, e.g. fear, anger, guilt, sadness, emptiness, low self-worth, and despair.
2. How to listen to others' needs and be assertive in communicating your own needs, feelings, and thoughts.
3. How to give and receive negative feedback or criticism.
4. How to communicate with respect.
5. How to identify signs of depression or anxiety.
6. How solve problems and make decisions.
7. How to identify influences on your life, e.g. relationships with parents and peers.
Course Materials (provided with tuition and available at the following links):
Essential Effective Communication Skills (https://issuu.com/
Effective Counselling Skills (https://www.amazon.ca/
Anger Self-Assessment (see link below)
Life Story Questionnaire (see the link below)
1. Create and design a minimum of 100 to 120 long and short-answer questions based on the text and the article Essential Effective Communication Skills, with page numbers where answers are found in the text.
2. Complete and submit the Life Story Questionnaire (https://www.academia.edu/
3. Complete the Anger Self-Assessment (https://www.academia.edu/
4. (extra credit) Read and use A_Technology_
The $40 tuition can be provided through paypal at this link (https://www.paypal.com/
The Course Certificate of Personal Development in Mental Health will be issued by regular mail when we have received your tuition and all assignments. Depending on your learning style and pace, the course may require about four weeks, allowing two hours per weekday to complete assignments. Time extensions to complete assignments are approved on request.
To Register, email email@example.com and provide your full name to be printed on the course Certificate and your full regular mailing address where your Certificate should be sent. All information remains and private and is never shared outside the course.
Instructor: Daniel Keeran, MSW is a professional counsellor and trainer having over 30 years' experience. He is author of numerous books and articles on counselling, personal development, spirituality, philosophy, mindfulness, grief, and more. He is available for support seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST).
Daniel Keeran, MSW
Page Updated Last on: Feb 01, 2018