- Oct. 20, 2021
-- All the US companies providing personal care and home healthcare services should adopt Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) by January 1, 2023. Among the commonly used EVV methods are landlines, GPS trackers, and video cameras in patients' houses. Such EVV systems serve their purpose. Yet, there are several shortcomings in using them:
- people, who get help at home, worry about the violation of their privacy;
- the installation of additional equipment requires extra time and expenses;
- the electronic visit verification software needs to be constantly updated, it may be cumbersome for some people.
Protectimus suggests an easy approach to Electronic Visit Verification that eliminates the disadvantages described above. Protectimus hardware TOTP tokens can be used as EVV devices because a time-based one-time password algorithm allows determining the exact time when every one-time password was generated.
Let's have a look at the procedure of Protectimus Electronic Visit Verification with TOTP tokens (https://www.protectimus.com/
- A person, who receives healthcare or personal care services at home, gets a hardware TOTP token. This EVV device looks like a standard keyfob with one button and a small display.
- When an employee providing homecare services arrives at the client's household, they press the button on the TOTP token to get the one-time password. And write the one-time password down in their notepad.
- After the job is done, an employee uses the TOTP token to generate the one-time password again and writes it down just like the first one.
- At the end of the day or immediately after providing the services, the employee enters the one-time codes into the electronic visit verification system.
- The EVV system transfers the OTP codes to the Protectimus two-factor authentication service. Protectimus calculates the precise time when these OTP codes were generated and sends the results back to the EVV system.
- This way, the TOTP algorithm makes it possible to control the time and duration of visits of healthcare and home care specialists to their clients.
Protectimus offers two types of TOTP tokens for EVV: with 6 and 8-digit displays. Both models of EVV devices are protected from moisture and dust, serve for more than five years, and have a 12-months warranty.
The server part of the Protectimus EVV solution that processes the one-time codes is available as a cloud service or an on-premise platform. It can be integrated with any EVV system using API.
Learn more about the Protectimus EVV solution and book a demo at the official website: https://www.protectimus.com/evv/