Siborg Systems New LCR-Reader-MPA Pro with NIST Traceable Calibration
A new task kit from the Canadian company comprises a powerful multi tester with 0.1% basic accuracy, traceable calibration certificate and other accessories
LCR-Reader-MPA has fully automatic component testing with no set-up required. When a component is between the gold-plated tips, the device determines the best test parameters and displays all measurement results instantly on the built-in backlit LCD.
MPA has a 0.1% basic accuracy and a spectrum of features including Diode/LED testing, AC/DC voltage/current measurements, oscilloscope mode, Super Large Capacitance testing, frequency meter, signal generator, continuity/open testing, 100 kHz test frequency and more.
The oscilloscope mode has not been included in one of Siborg's devices since Smart Tweezers ST-1. This mode is best used when testing voltage waveforms on active circuit boards, using frequencies up to 100 kHz. Oscilloscope mode is useful when used with LCR-Reader Kelvin Probe Connector, turning the device into a low-frequency probe station and test waveforms at various nodes on a PCB.
Main features that set MPA apart from other test tweezers include: testing large and super large capacitances up to 640 mF; range of test frequencies and three test signal levels.
The LCR-Reader Professional task kit is available now in the LCR-Reader Store and through Siborg's Amazon channels in North America and Europe.
Features on LCR-Reader-MPA:
• Fully automatic and manual LCR, ESR, LED/Diode measurements
• 0.1% Basic accuracy
• Automatic and manual Test Frequency, including 100, 120 Hz, 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100 kHz
• AC/DC voltage measurements up to 15 V
• AC/DC Current measurements
• Easy Open/Short calibration and offset removal
• Test signal levels: 0.1, 0.5 and 1.0 Vrms
• Automatic Test Signal Reduction to 0.1 V for in-circuit measurements
• Oscilloscope Transient Voltage up to 100 kHz
• Signal Generator with Sine wave up to 100 kHz
• Handles components to a 0201 size (0.3 mm)
• Displays active and reactive impedance components
• Li-Po battery and micro-USB charging port
• 1 oz. weight
• Backlit LCD display
• Gold-plated test leads
• NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate (included with LCR-Reader-MPA Pro Task Kit) (https://secure.lcr-
Included in LCR-Reader-MPA Professional:
• NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
• Spare bent tweezer probes
• LCR-Reader Kelvin Probe Connector
• Offset Calibration Board
• Hard Shelled carrying case
• Charging cable