CENTRAL, Hong Kong
- June 28, 2021
-- The extended gains from Thursday's session continued after President Joe Biden announced his infrastructure deal with the bipartisan senator group. This deal includes about $600 billion worth of federal spending on clean energy, new roads and other additional projects, costing about $1 trillion in 5 years. This stoked the movement in cyclical shares especially financials and industrials, with investors expecting further federal budget for physical infrastructure and other projects.
Below is an overview of todays market session, as of 4:00 p.m. New York Time;
- NASDAQ Composite Index slightly down by 0.06% or 9.32 points and wrapped at 14,360.39.
- The S&P 500 Index gained 0.34% or 14.30 points closing at 4,280.79.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average moved higher with 0.70% or 238.41 point gain, to end at 34,435.23.
- U.S. 2 Year Treasury yield jumped 0.002 basis points to 0.268.
- U.S. 5 Year Treasury yield moved up by 0.014 basis points ending at 0.930.
- U.S. 10 Year Treasury yield increased by 0.036 basis points closing 1.531.
Under commodities, precious metals have gained together with crude, while currencies ended up mixed but most dropped.
- Gold moved up by $6.667 or 0.38% and is now at $1,781.646 per ounce.
- Silver increased by $0.153 or 0.59% to $26.092 an ounce.
- Western Texas Intermediate Crude is currently at $74.05 a barrel gaining 1.02%.
- Brent Crude closed at $76.18 per barrel after increasing by 0.82%.
- Euro / USD = +0.00025 (0.02%) = 1.19330
- USD / Yen = -0.091 (0.08%) = 110.760
- GBP / USD = -0.0040 (0.29%) = 1.3877
- AUD / USD = +0.00029 (0.04%) = 0.75850
- USD / CAD = -0.00261 (0.21%) = 1.22950
S&P 500 sets a new all-time record with a weekly increase of 2.74%, marking its best performance since February. The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped by more than 200 points, brought by Nike which rebounded after quarterly sales growth reports were posted. NASDAQ, on the other hand, erased intraday gains to end slightly below yesterday's record level. Bitcoin prices continue to stumble as cryptocurrency selling pressure persist.
For more latest news in US Stock Market you may also visit us at Advisory Access Limited through our website https://advisoryaccessltd.com/
or contact us via email.