News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Root3 Marketing & Business Development Hosts Veteran Career Summit
Creating Opportunities for Veterans is the Focus of Second Annual Summit
By: Root3 Marketing & Business Development
"The business community responded to last year's event in a big way, showing us how high they are prioritizing efforts to launch or strengthen their veteran hiring programs," says Root3 CEO Scott Christiansen. "We have expanded the program in its second year to provide more topics, more perspective, and deeper expertise. We are proud the veteran summit is elevating an important conversation and helping businesses deliver on their commitment to hiring more veterans."
Panel discussions and speakers include:
Keynote: Veterans: A Natural Fit for Closing the Skills Gap & Meeting Future Needs
• Victor LaGroon, Diversity and Inclusion Veterans Employment Advisor
Panel 1: Driving Growth in the Workplace Through Veteran Hiring
• Courtney McDonough, Groupon Recruiting Manager
• Megan Everett, Robert McCormick Foundation Program Director
Panel 2: Transferable Skills that Veterans Bring to the Table
• Nicole Mandeville, Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs Senior Program Manager
• Ted Lucas, Expeditors Personnel Development Manager
• Todd Jones, Paramount Bank President
Panel 3: The VOSB/VOB Designation:
• Stephen Olds, Exegistics Founder & CEO
• Brandi Will, York Solutions SVP, Strategic Partnerships & Veteran Programs
• Jeff King, National Veteran Business Development Council Operations and Compliance Manager
Panel 4: Innovative Programs to find, hire, train, manage a Veteran Workforce
• Mario Kratsch, Head of Illinois Consortium for Advanced Technical Training (ICATT) Apprenticeship Program and Vice President of GACC Midwest
• Darienne Page, Lyft Senior Manager of Community Affairs
• Silvia Hinton, York Solutions Vice President, Program Development
The event is taking place Thursday, July 11, at mHUB Chicago from 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
"This is the conference for organizations who are ready to take action building their veteran program or improving it," says LaGroon. "Veterans need more organizations like Root3 who are not veteran owned, but who still want to get involved and make a difference. They took the time to really understand the needs of businesses and veterans and have developed a program that will provide incredible value to both."
To find the full agenda and register for the event, visit:
About Root3 Marketing & Business Development
Root3 is a national marketing and business development firm providing market research, growth strategy, and executional services to emerging and mid-market organizations looking to validate and capture market opportunity efficiently and effectively. Launched in 2014, Root3 has established a successful track record of converting obstacles into opportunities for high-growth clients in healthcare, IT, professional services, commercial real estate, and government/NFP.
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse