News By Tag
News By Location
NEW! At the Holistic Dental Center in Millburn, New Jersey…The iTero Intraoral Scanner
By: Holistic Dental Center
With this latest equipment, Dr. Gashinsky is able to record topographical images of your teeth and oral tissue. Data generated from iTero can then be used in conjunction with the production of dental devices (such as aligners, braces, appliances, etc.) and accessories.
iTero Element software is used with the scanner to capture 3D digital impressions of your teeth, oral soft tissue and structures, and bite relationship. The software controls the processing of the data, so it can be exported to manufacture orthodontic devices and other dental accessories. In addition to scan data, the scanned images can be imported/exported or used for simulation purposes. In other words, you will be able to see the real-live transformation of your teeth when, fo example, you plan to use Invisalign braces.
The benefits of this latest technology are numerous. For example:
The procedure is comfortable
• No gooey mess associated with impression materials
• Breathe and swallow as you normally would
• No unpleasant taste or smell
The procedure is fast
• View 3D scans onscreen immediately
• Faster delivery time for Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® aligners as well as other orthodontic appliances
The procedure is accurate
• Allows for a precise fit of all orthodontic appliances, including Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen® clear aligners and retainers
• Eliminates the need to retake impressions
• Single use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness and patient safety
• On-screen visualization in real-time allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
How Does the Scanning Process Work?
1. THE WAND: Dr. Gashinsky or one of our highly trained registered dental assistants uses the wand of the iTero Element Scanner to capture images of your tooth surfaces and gum tissue. This process utilizes only visible light and there is no exposure to ionizing radiation (x-rays).
2. THE SCAN: You can follow the scanning progress on the screen, since your orthodontic model is digitally built in real time. This eliminates the need to re-take impressions.
3. THE 3D MODEL: The completed scan is available as a 3D model that Dr. Gashinsky can use to begin planning your treatment and to create supplemental orthodontic appliances or Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen aligners.
Visit http://www.holisticdentalcenternj.com for details.