Indicators of Losses in the Culture War
By: College of Mental Health Counselling
1. Increasing validation of sexual immorality in the arts.
2. Increasing profanity, mocking the holy, and vulgar speech in the arts.
3. Proliferation of pornography, especially on the internet.
4. Legal status for gay marriage.
5. Increasing rates of fornication and cohabitation in lieu of marriage.
6. Christian justification of the use of violence to address evil or for self-defence or the defence of innocent victims.
7. Christian support of political means and the threat of violence to address evil.
8. Growing atheism, secularism, and humanism in society.
9. Youth leaving the Christian community.
10. Prohibitions against sharing one's faith in the workplace.
11. Teaching naturalism rather than divine creation in public schools.
12. Opposing care for the poor.
13. Christian support for corruption in the market place, e.g. A coffee company pays a judge in Honduras to allow the take-over of land by the company. Christians knowing this, purchase and drink the coffee.
14. Increasing rates of abortion and the sale of baby parts or allowing the birth mother to donate aborted baby parts for scientific research.
15. Child sexual abuse by priests and other clergy.
16. Prevalence of belief in reincarnation and karma, blaming the victim, and the rejection of marital attachment and commitment reflected in the rise of promiscuity and divorce rates.
Also see "Ten Issues in the Culture War" at the following location
Daniel Keeran, MSW