News By Tag
News By Location
What to think about when upgrading Your X-Ray Room
Before designing or modifying an imaging room, there are some key questions that must be answered:
· What is the patient population? Will they be adults, pediatrics, elderly, others? What is the specific clinical specialty? The room should be designed to meet their particular needs.
· What other special requirements, such as space requirements, pathology specific testing (long-length imaging transformers)
· How many x-rays do you currently do per day and how many do you anticipate doing per day in the near future?
· Do you have an existing x-ray room with equipment that needs to be replaced?
· If the X-Ray equipment is replacing an existing x-ray room, what are the room dimensions? Including ceiling height, existing power and its location, and conduits for wiring?
· If you do not have an existing x-ray room and are planning to build one, is it new construction or a remodel of an existing suite?
· What is the available power in the building?
· Will renovations or changes to the room be required to facilitate the new equipment?
· Are you interested in CR digital imaging or DR digital detector imaging?
· Will you need a PACS, mini-PACS or off-site storage? Where, when and how would you like to view your images? Will you be sending out images for over reads?
· What is the length of the warranty?
· What does the warranty cover?
· Does it include drop rider protection?
· What's the cost of replacement parts?
· How quickly can parts be replaced?
· What kind of maintenance is expected?
· What is the cost for maintenance?
· What is the generator size?
· What is the resolution and sensitivity of the system (image quality indicator)?
· How long to renovate your existing room and install your new equipment?
· Will you need temporary x-ray capability while you are renovating and installing?
Not sure how to answer these questions? The experts at G.E. Walker, Inc. can help walk you through any questions that you may have in order to help you find the best solution. Check out what they can offer you for imaging solutions by calling (800) 749-2483 or visiting http://www.gewalker.com.