News By Tag
News By Place
BITS Pilani Alumni Association BITSAA Jaipur Activities Galore
BITSAA Jaipur is alumni association of one among world ranking BITS Pilani with pass-out batches, first batch till latest. Currently there are nearly 250 registered members. It is functional for the past over 25 years.
Dr. B R Natrajan more popularly known as Dean Nattu Pilani and Mr. Sanjeev Lodha have also been nominated as special invitees to BITSAA Jaipur. Prof Hari Om Bansal who is Currently heading Alumni cell in BITS Pilani has been nominated as Ex-Officio of BITSAA Jaipur chapter.
In the first executive committee meeting held just after elections, BITSAA Jaipur chapter has planned several activities to strengthen the BITSAA Jaipur and its role. These include:
• To consolidate the BITSians database including current members in Rajasthan and publish an e-Directory as well Print Directory for reference of all.
• To connect all members on various platforms e.g Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Email and website for faster intra member communication and real time conversations and networking.
• To create a knowledge pool out of BITSAA members in various sectors and take up knowledge sharing activities on regular basis for benefit of members as well as interested young entrepreneurs from BITS Pilani or its other campuses. This is to foster entrepreneurship and to impart field expertise knowledge to others.
• To take up various health related activities for members as well as for society
• To collaborate and engage closely with BITS Pilani for various off- campus activities.
The flagship event of the year and first activity of newly elected BITSAA Jaipur body, Diwali Milan 2016 was organised on Sunday, 13th November 2016 in Jaipur at KGP School premises. It was a family event and was attended by more than 75 members.
As a unique initiative, BITSAA veteran members Shri Jyoti Swaroop, Dr. G.L. Baraya, Shri G.P. Agarwal and Shri B.L. Solanki were felicitated from batches 1950-1955. It was a very emotional and memorable moment for all.
As part of program and to include in the to-be-published e-directory and print directory; couple photographs of member families were taken. The musical evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all members with performances from members and their spouses. Last but not the least, the fun-filled and exciting "Housie" was played and enjoyed by all members followed by delicious dinner.
This event was covered live by JAN TV promoted by BITSAA Jaipur member Shri Surendra Surana and live bytes were telecast across Rajasthan on JAN TV.The event was also well covered by local dailies Rajasthan Patrika, Dainik Bhaskar and Simply Jaipur.
For more details about BITSAA Jaipur visit https://www.facebook.com/