News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
1M/1M Founder Sramana Mitra Named One Of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Influencers
Forecasts Burst Of Unicorn Bubble In 2016: “There are some very good things that are about to happen as 2016 unfolds with less froth, more caution, deeper fear, and greater uncertainty."
By: One Million by One Million (1M/1M)
Currently, Sramana is forecasting the burst of the Unicorn bubble in 2016 (http://www.slideshare.net/
• Unsustainable valuation without revenue ventures will get weeded out. That probably constitutes a good 30% of the current Unicorns. They won't all necessarily die. Just their valuations will get rationalized. There will be layoffs. The insane talent war in tech will calm down. The media will report on these actively.
• The good entrepreneurs, especially those who have been building with an eye on fundamentals, will continue to thrive, like Dan Cane/Modernizing Medicine, Art Papas/Bullhorn, Alexander Zache/Autionata, and Therese Tucker/BlackLine, and many others. “Once the weeding is over, the blooms will come into better focus.”
• The pre-seed and seed-stage capital market is a bubble that is very likely to crash soon. Entrepreneurs, instead of chasing investors, will return to chasing customers. A lot of nonsensical ideas that never should have been funded will die away. Fragmentation of talent will wane.
• 2016 won’t be anything like the nuclear winter of the post-Dotcom bust in the early 2000s. Out of that brutal period emerged companies like Google, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Facebook, and a host of other powerful, innovative concepts and companies. Sramana can't wait to see what austerity, albeit nothing so severe, will bring in terms of innovation in 2016 and beyond.
• Healthcare IT is a domain Sramana is excited and bullish about, and also very excited about HIT combined with Artificial Intelligence and the possibilities therein.
• Sramana is bullish about Financial Technologies, Cyber Security, as vertical domains, and Artificial Intelligence as a horizontal. BioTech continues to move mountains.
• Most of all, Sramana Mitra is waiting for the breakthroughs that we're NOT talking about yet. The ideas that have NOT broken out yet. And the entrepreneurs whom we know nothing of yet.
Sramana Mitra is available for interviews. Please let me know whether or not you are interested in speaking with her.
One Million by One Million (1M/1M)
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse