News By Tag
News By Location
Free Phonics Bingo Cards and Bingo Games released by Answers 2000
Answers 2000 today released a wide selection of free phonics bingo games ideal for K-12 and homeschool educational use.
By: Answers 2000 Limited
Answers 2000 today released a wide selection of free phonics bingo games. These games are ideal for K-12 education, homeschooling, and English as Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) classes.
The bingo games cover a variety of word types and phonics techniques including:
* Phonemic Awareness – Helping children learn the letter sounds.
* CVC words – Three-letter words consisting of a consonant followed by a vowel then another consonant.
* Rhyming Bingo – A game designed to help children learn and recognize rhymes.
* Bossy E words – Bossy E (also known as “magic E”) words are words where a final letter E on the word changes the sound of the previous vowel. Compare, for example, “bit” and “bite”.
* R-controlled Vowel Words – Words such as “burn” or “corn” where the sound of the vowel is altered by a subsequent “R”.
* Consonant Digraph Words – Words containing a sound made by the combination of two consonants such as “chop”, “dish”, or “path”.
* Vowel Digraph Words – Words containing a sound made the combination of two vowels such as “boat”, “mail”, or “road”.
All the various phonics bingo games were prepared using Answers 2000’s popular software tool for creating customized versions of bingo - Bingo Card Printer. This software is today widely used by many different teachers to produce materials specific to their lesson plans. One of the best things about Bingo Card Printer, is that the software software can be mastered in just a few minutes – it really is that simple to use. Using the software it is possible to create and print custom versions of bingo with very little time and effort. Moreover the Bingo Card Printer software is 100% compatible with all recent versions of Microsoft Windows on both desktop and laptop PCs. Finally, there is even free trial version of the software which can be downloaded and tried out for free, before deciding whether you wish to purchase the full version.
Answers 2000 has also provided teachers with a choice – they can download, use, and print the free phonics bingo games without further effort, or if they prefer they can use the Bingo Card Printer to produce their own customized versions of bingo. These custom versions of bingo can be any topic or theme, but users want to they can use the games that Answers 2000 has pre-prepared as a starting point for their own work.
Included in each free Phonics bingo game package, are bingo cards that have been pre-printed items related to the particular Phonics topic, as well as a call sheet for use by the teacher (acting as bingo caller). All these materials are all provided in PDF format for easy viewing and printing. Also included within the downloadable package is the settings file that was used to prepare the game materials using the Bingo Card Printer software, and which can be opened in the Bingo Card Printer software, allowing the teacher to further customize the content and appearance of the bingo cards.
To download the free Phonics bingo card games and templates please go to
ABOUT BINGO CARD PRINTER
Bingo Card Printer is the leading Windows software package for creating and printing educational and special occasion bingo cards. The bingo cards can be customized to teacher’s, parent’s, and other user’s needs. The software is used by thousands of people worldwide, and a free trial version is available to download from the website http://www.bingocardprinter.com/
Answers 2000 Limited