News By Tag
News By Location
In-Dash Car DVD Player Installation Steps
Installation of an in-dash dvd player involves three main tasks. Connect Wiring Harness Adapter to Car dvd player Harness. Mounting Bracket Assembly, Connect the car dvd player
Installation of an in-dash dvd player involves three main tasks:
1) disassembly of the dash area and removal of the factory stereo,
2) making electrical connections from the dash area to the new dvd player, and
3) testing the dvd player and reassembling the dash area. Follow these easy installation guidelines to ensure correct installation of your receiver.
Connect Wiring Harness Adapter to Car dvd player Harness
A wiring harness adapter provides a plug-in connection to the vehicle’s wiring. This step requires crimping or soldering to connect the car dvd’s
wiring harness to the wiring harness adapter. Standardized color coding makes this process easy. Be sure to follow the directions included with the wiring harness adapter and car dvd players installation instructions. Ensure that you have the correct wiring harness adapter for the specifc year, make, and model of your vehicle. Use the chart below to reference standardized colors of wiring harness adapters with the functions of your receiver wiring harness colors. In most instances, the colors match.
Mounting Bracket Assembly
Many import vehicles such as Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Isuzu, and Mitsubishi have factory Single-DIN or Double-DIN stereos with removable factory mounting brackets that easily attach to a new dvd player. If an accessory mounting bracket/kit assembly is needed, follow the instructions provided with the bracket or kit. These accessory brackets often combine side mounting tabs with a front panel assembly to mount the supplied rectangular Single-DIN or Double-DIN bracket into the oversized dash opening and provide the necessary support for the car dvd player.
Connect the car dvd player
With tools and installation accessories prepared, you are ready to connect the car dvd player.
1) Plug the connected wiring/receiver harness into the car dvd player and plug the other end into the factory wiring.
2) Connect the vehicle’s AM/FM antenna into the AM/FM antenna input on the car dvd player.
3) If connecting amplifers, connect RCA audio cables to the corresponding ‘FRONT’, ‘REAR’ and/or ‘SUB’ preamp outputs.
Note: If a subwoofer amplifer is used, use the ‘SUB OUT’ of the receiver unless you are using a low pass crossover already built into the amplifer, in which case use the FRONT, REAR or NON-FADING (if equipped) preamp output to provide input signal to the subwoofer amplifer.
4) If adding satellite radio, connect satellite radio tuner data cables.
5) If connecting an SWC adapter, connect the SWC adapter output to the back of receiver. Leave enough wire on the adapter so that the SWC module is accessible to validate programming once the receiver is powered up.
6) Set the car dvd in the dash location, but do not permanently mount it yet. Inspect any wiring or plugs in the testing process before permanently mounting the car dvd player.
Still have questions about car DVD player installation?
Page Updated Last on: Jan 18, 2013