News By Tag
News By Place
South Florida's First Major Art Festical of the Season Returns this Fall
This weekend, October 20th & 21st, 2012, Fort Lauderdale will be the host of the 25th Annual Las Olas Art Fair which will include over 200 artists who will showcase their pieces and offer them for sale to patrons.
WHEN: October 20 - 21, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
WHERE: Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale
Between SE 6th Avenue and SE 11th Avenue
Navigational address: 600 East Las Olas Boulevard, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
WHY: To Support the Arts and the Local Economy
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
Fort Lauderdale, Florida (October 16, 2012) – The Las Olas Art Fair, South Florida's first major fall outdoor art event, returns October 20 – 21, 2012. This top ranked fair has featured the finest artists in the country as well as top local talent for the past 25 years. Popular among exhibiting artists, locals and tourists the Las Olas Art Fairs feature a wide variety of quality art with prices set to suit all. The artistic media represented include paintings, sculptures, photography, glass, wood, jewelry, collage, ceramics, and much more. Admission is free and open to the public.
“Las Olas is one of the finest venues for an art show in South Florida and we look forward to all three of our shows in this upscale, art friendly community,” says festival promoter Howard Alan. “The fair started out as simple art show 25 years ago with 16 artists placed up and down the sidewalk, it evolved throughout the years and is now one of the top shows in the country.”
The artists, juried by an independent panel of expert judges, and hand-selected from hundreds of applicants based on quality and diversity, will be present for the duration of the festival. They will line Las Olas Boulevard with their professional display booths, transforming the area into a first-class outdoor art gallery. All of the artwork is original and handmade in America.
With its casual outdoor setting, boasting fine boutiques, great restaurants and fabulous city atmosphere, the Las Olas Art Fair makes the arts accessible to a broad audience. The event appeals to people of all ages including families as well as serious art buyers looking to add to their collections. Prices range from $25 dollar hand designed earrings to $30,000 metal sculptures.
• Juried first-class outdoor art gallery showcasing local and national artists
• Among the largest and most popular outdoor art festivals in South Florida
• Original Artwork Handmade in America
• 100 artists from 30 different states
• Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
• Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
• All artists on site for duration of festival
• Vast array of artistic media:
o Life Size Sculptures
o Handmade jewelry
o Mixed Media
• Commemorative Festival Posters ($10) & T-shirts ($15) for sale at booth located across from Cheesecake Factory
• A portion of the proceeds benefits the Las Olas Association.
• Show producer Howard Alan and various artists are available for interviews in advance of the festival.
• Photos of art festivals, participating artists and their work are available by contacting AnaBelle Dweck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-592-8500.
About Howard Alan Events, Ltd.:
Howard Alan Events, a Florida-based company, develops and presents art and craft shows throughout the country. For the past 25 years, Howard Alan Events has produced some of the nation’s finest juried art shows, including more than 40 venues each year such as the Downtown Aspen Art Festival (Aspen, CO), Beaver Creek Art Festival (Beaver Creek, CO), Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue Art Festival (Chicago, IL), and the Las Olas Art Fairs, (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Several shows are ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.
For additional information on the 25th Annual Las Olas Art Fair and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit www.artfestival.com or call 561-746-6615.