News By Tag
News By Location
Self-Storage Expert Tom Litton Presents MiniCo Workshop on Delinquencies, Collections and Lien Sales
On June 27, 2012, self-storage industry expert Tom Litton will conduct a two-hour online workshop that will provide tools and tips for managing these processes effectively and efficiently.
Hour One – Managing Delinquencies
• Calculating statistics for delinquencies:
• New and innovative ways to get your delinquent customers to pay
• 10 collection strategies to avoid a lien sale
• How to track them down: Finding people who have “disappeared”
• Using the Internet to provide low-cost rent reminders
Hour Two – Conducting Better Lien Sales
• Should you hire an auctioneer?
• Drawing a crowd: How to get a better turnout at the sale
• Websites that will advertise your auction for free
• Yielding better auction prices
• Building your defense: Maintaining proper lien sale files in case you are sued
Registration is $49.95 for this live workshop hosted by MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC. For more information or to register, visit http://www.ministoragemessenger.com.
Mr. Litton began his self-storage career when the industry was in its infancy and has managed over 150 self-storage facilities in 11 states. He currently manages and/or owns 21 commercial properties in Indiana and California. In addition, he fee manages and consults on a daily basis in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, France, England, Scotland and Canada. Mr. Litton has conducted over 150 seminars worldwide on various topics regarding self-storage operations, management, development and ownership. His latest books, Auditing Self-Storage:
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, publishes the Mini-Storage Messenger, the leading monthly trade magazine covering the global self-storage industry. Other publications include the Self Storage Almanac, Self-Storage Canada, Self Storage Now!, Mobile Self-Storage Magazine, and the Self Storage Buyer’s Guide.
About MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, was founded in 1974 as a provider of specialty insurance products and publications for the self-storage industry. Today the company is a full-service managing general agency offering multiple specialty property and casualty insurance products for a variety of unique industries and exposures. MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, the parent company of MiniCo Insurance Agency of Canada, Incorporated, is a member of the Aran Insurance Services Group.
For More Information
Mini-Storage Messenger – http://www.ministoragemessenger.com
Litton Property Management, Inc. – firstname.lastname@example.org