News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
"The Future Of Biomass: Technology developments, key costs and the future outlook" now available
Recently published research from Business Insights, "The Future Of Biomass: Technology developments, key costs and the future outlook", is now available at Fast Market Research
Biomass consists of all the plant material on the surface of the earth (and in the seas if algae are included). Almost two thirds of the total is regenerated each year during seasonal growth. The total regenerated is probably equivalent to more than three times total global energy consumption in 2008. Around 3% of this is used each year, mostly in the form of wood.
Key features of this report
* Analysis of biomass technologies concepts and components.
* Clarification of the market for biomass and future growth.
* Assessment of new renewable energy technology analysis including innovation, infrastructure investment.
* Insight relating to the most innovative product launches and potential areas of opportunity for manufacturers.
* Examination of the key technology introductions and innovations.
Scope of this report
* Achieve a quick and comprehensive understanding of how biomass market trends and infrastructure are influencing the development of the renewable energy market.
* Realize up to date competitive intelligence through a comprehensive review of biomass technology concepts in the recent electricity infrastructure and renewable energy market.
* Assess the emerging trends in renewable energy technology - biomass - grid connection and energy distribution.
Key Market Issues
* Environmental requirements:
* Legislative issues: The use of biomass as an energy source raises a number of environmental and legislative issues. One of the most difficult is that of maintaining a balance between land for the production of energy crops and land for producing food. Additional questions arise when waste materials are used to produce energy. Agricultural wastes are a valuable fuel source but part of each crop must be returned to the land if soil quality is not to deteriorate. A significant part of municipal waste can be burnt too but some of it is better recycled. Additionally, the combustion of biomass produces a number of potential pollutants in addition to releasing carbon dioxide and these must normally be controlled.
Key findings from this report
1. In 2005 biomass provided around 1.3% of total global electricity production. By 2050 this could rise to between 3.4% and 5.8% of total electricity production.
2. By definition, biomass comprises all the plant life on the surface of the earth. In its 2001 Survey of Energy Resources, the World Energy Council put the total biomass on the surface of the earth at 220bn oven dry tonnes, equivalent to 4,500EJ of energy. This definition may require modifying if algae become a major source of biomass energy since algae grow in water.
3. Actual usage today is around 50EJ, or 10% of the estimated 500EJ of total global energy consumption in 2008. This is roughly 77% of the total renewable contribution (including hydropower) to primary energy consumption.
Key questions answered
1. What are the drivers shaping and influencing new technology development in the electricity industry?
2. How will renewable energy technologies be connected and integrated into the existing grid network?
3. What is the biomass power generation system going to cost?
4. What are the components of the biomass power generation system?
5. Which biomass types will be the winners and which the losers?
For more information or to purchase this report, go to:
About Business Insights
Business Insights appreciate the importance of accurate, up-to-date incisive market and company analysis and their aim therefore is to provide a single, off-the-shelf, objective source of data, analysis and market insight. Business Insights work in association with leading industry experts to produce a range of reports across a wide range of industry sectors. By working in association with so many experts they are able to provide clients with more incisive market analysis specific to the client's industry sector. No other market analysis company provides such focused and trusted market analysis, across such a wide range of industry sectors. View more research from Business Insights at http://www.fastmr.com/
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.