News By Tag
News By Place
Revolutionary device communication software for Windows Vista
Gurux Ltd published Windows Vista compatible versions of easy-to-use device communication software.
By: Merja Sutela, Gurux Ltd
- To make the software compatible with Windows Vista was no easy job, but we have never been afraid of challenge, says Mikko Kurunsaari, CEO of Gurux Ltd (est. 1998).
Gurux programmers have been working on the constantly evolving device communication software for a decade now.
- As all previously published versions of our device communication software have been compatible with always the latest, and earlier released versions of Windows operating systems, the principals of programming and testing the software for Vista was pretty much the same as before, added with some new nuances.
Why is the new version revolutionary?
No programming skills are required, as the customer can create a profile of any physical device, its protocol, parameters and user interface(s)
- We IT people should not expect the customers to be all programmers, or even technically orientated. Our challenge is, and must be, to produce software that works efficiently and is easy to use from the customers point of view. Our job is to bring information technology closer to common people, CEO Kurunsaari reminds.
- That is why our software manuals are written by writers, not engineers. The manual includes examples of using the software, as well as purely technical information. Bringing great new features to customers and keeping the software easy to use, is a constant balancing, though rewarding, too.
Gurux device communication software is independent of the monitored device type and the used connection type. This means that the device does not have to support any known protocol. Available connection types are several: serial port, network, modem, SMS (Short Message System), terminal, GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) and SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), and there is more to come.
- As the new-born version is suitable for any physical device, it is a versatile tool for product development, quality control, maintenance and general centralized device control, Kurunsaari points out.
# # #
About Gurux Ltd: established 1998, and owned by its employees, which makes us very dedicated to what we do. We produce easy-to-use software for supervision and maintenance of production systems and devices. We also offer consultation and product development projects. Company headquarters is located in Tampere, Finland.