- Nov. 16, 2022
-- The National Lacrosse League (@NLL), the world's largest and most successful professional lacrosse league, and ESPN today announced the schedule of 10 regular season games to be broadcast on its linear networks during the upcoming 2022-23 season. The slate, which will feature games on ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPNews, begins with a matchup between Philadelphia and Halifax on Friday, December 2, on Face Off Weekend. On Friday, December 16, ESPN2 will showcase the Las Vegas Desert Dogs in their inaugural home game when they face Panther City at 10:30 p.m. ET.
"Our expanded relationship with ESPN continues to provide added exposure for our teams and our athletes across all platforms, which will again help expose not just the NLL, but the sport of lacrosse to a larger audience of fans throughout the winter and spring," said NLL Commissioner Brett Frood. "This schedule, along with our larger schedule on TSN across Canada, will keep helping us raising the bar, and the enterprise value, for all. We can't wait to get the season started."
The ESPN TV schedule is as follows (all times ET, schedule subject to change):
- Friday, December 2, Philadelphia at Halifax, 6 p.m., ESPNews
- Friday, December 16, Panther City at Las Vegas, 10:30 p.m., ESPN2
- Friday, January 6, Philadelphia at Las Vegas 10:30 p.m., ESPNews
- Saturday, January 7, Calgary at Colorado, 10 p.m., ESPNU
- Saturday, March 25, Buffalo at San Diego, 10 p.m., ESPNews
- Friday, March 31, New York at Georgia, 7 p.m., ESPNews
- Saturday, April 1, Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m., ESPNU
- Friday, April 14, San Diego at Colorado, 9 p.m., ESPNU
- Saturday, April 22, Toronto at Buffalo, 8 p.m., ESPNU
- Saturday, April 29, TBA, TBA, ESPNU
Other highlights of the ESPN linear broadcasts include:
- American born, Joe Resetarits (Hamburg, NY) and his new team, the Philadelphia Wings open the season at Halifax, December 2 on ESPNews. Resetarits holds the record for most points scored in a single season by an American with 111 which he set last season with the Albany FireWolves. He was also tied for the league lead in goals with 47 a year ago.
- The 2022 NLL Champion Colorado Mammoth raise their championship banner in their first home game on January 7 on ESPNU against the Calgary Roughnecks who they defeated in the quarterfinals on their way to the championship.
- The Buffalo Bandits travel to San Diego for an East/West showdown, March 25 on ESPNews.
- Reigning Rookie of the Year, Jeff Teat and the New York Riptide, take on 2017 MVP, Lyle Thompson