- July 7, 2021
-- Codeless Platforms is pleased to announce the release of its Microsoft SQL Server Connector v1.0. The pre-built Connector provides instant access to a nominated SQL Server database and can automate data migration and business processes.
All communication uses XML, and Recordset data can be mapped to required XML elements directly in the Connector itself without the need for conversion. This Connector expands on the existing functionality available within Codeless Platforms' Database Query and Call Stored Procedure tools.
Features and functionality included in the Microsoft SQL Server Connector v1.0 include:
Sue Dear, Product Director, Codeless Platforms
- On-premises and cloud instances supported.
- Control which databases are available at task design and run times.
- Standard SQL commands (CREATE, DELETE, UPDATE) are supported.
- MERGE command support, where child records are updated or added depending on a key being available.
- This simplifies task design as it removes the need to have a check for existing child records and separate steps for the ADD and UPDATE operations.
- Use of lookups to replace a value in a table with the values from another, for example, a foreign key ID with the corresponding description from another table.
- Memory support for ODBC, OLEDB, Call Stored Procedure, and internal repositories.
- Combine parent-child tables into a single business object for use in a task step.
- Pass-through fields support, which act in a similar manner to SupplementaryReference. Data is passed directly to the step output documents bypassing SQL Server itself.
: "This is a new product designed primarily to improve task design for integration with Microsoft Server SQL databases and the flow of data into/out of staging tables, thus removing the previous requirement to rely on stored procedures and cutting down on the number of steps required in a task. This is the first tool to make use of our new SDK, so users will experience a new UI at step design similar to the WSCT and Transform Data tools. This includes all functions included in our transformation layer, plus a new feature for filtering. Additionally, a recordset shaping feature is available in this tool to allow for recordset inputs to be used in the tool, and then shaped to introduce complex parent/child structures if required."
The Microsoft SQL Server Connector requires BPA Platform 2020 Update 1 or above.
The following versions of SQL Server are supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019
Note that the following SQL Server platforms are also supported:
Visit our partner area to access and download the Microsoft SQL Server Connector 1.0 (https://www.codelessplatforms.com/partner-area/product-do...
) along with accompanying white paper.