News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
6th Grid Modernization Forum to Examine Latest Strategies for Achieving Grid Resiliency
Key utility professionals to share insights on how best to implement the Utility of the Future
The 6th Annual Grid Modernization Forum, May 11-12, 2021, is a 100% online conference organized by the Smart Grid Observer that closely examines lessons learned to date by industry leaders pushing the frontiers of grid modernization and reliability. As in previous editions, key technology innovators and executives will come together to share perspectives on how best to leverage smart grid investment, effectively engage customers, and meet the challenges of the changing energy ecosystem.
Organizations confirmed to speak include Ameren, BC Hydro, Tennessee Valley Authority, CPS Energy, PG&E, Portland General Electric, Carnegie Mellon University, LSU, and many others.
"This will be a safe and convenient opportunity to network with key executives leading grid modernization in the U.S.," says Daniel Coran, program manager for the forum. "The focus will be on lessons learned to date and best practices for improving grid performance, integrating renewables, and enhancing grid reliability."
Topics to be Addressed Include:
- Evaluating and deploying emerging technologies
- Managing and integrating distributed energy resources
- Energy storage advances for improved grid performance and flexibility
- Best practices and strategies for enhancing grid responsiveness and reliability
- Blockchain applications for the energy industry
- Advanced communications networks for next-gen services and apps
- Network architectures for the evolving energy ecosystem
- Advanced grid sensing, measurement and control technologies
- Enabling consumer choice while controlling costs and enhancing efficiency
- Microgrids as a strategy for utilities and C&I customers going forward
- Cybersecurity challenges and real-time response to disruptions
- And more
The Forum is intended for network strategists at at investor-owned, municipal, and rural utilities, as well as grid operations engineers and directors, service and network planners, system integrators, policy-makers, and technology innovators. Sponsors of the forum include EnerNex, PXiSE Energy Solutions, and GenCell.
Registrants have the opportunity to attend all sessions live and interact with speakers and fellow attendees via video and text chat. Attendees will receive recordings of each session post-conference, including PDFs of all presentations and a transcript. One-to-
For full information and to register, visit www.grid-modernization-
Smart Grid Observer
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse