WAN CHAI, Hong Kong
- March 25, 2021
-- The US stock market continues to fall as concerns and worries keeps getting stronger over global economic reopening as fresh COVID-19 restrictions are being imposed across major European and Asian countries. The Nasdaq took the brunt of the changes as most tech stocks plunged, while the Dow lost all gains throughout the day slightly before market close.
Here's the key movements of the three major indices:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is almost flat, losing 0.00095% or 3.09 points closing at 32,420. The Dow Futures gained 0.35% ending 32,433.00
- NASDAQ went out of control, plunging 20.1% or 265.81 points, cutting below the 13,000 mark, ending at 12,962. NASDAQ Futures gained 0.22% at 12,822.25
- S&P 500 index went down by 0.55% or 21.38 points closing 3,889. S&P 500 Futures gained 0.29% at 3,892.00
Treasury yields remain on the high side if we consider year-to-date, and slight movements were observed. Yields are inversely proportional to prices. Here's an overview for today's trade-off:
- 10-year Treasury yield tripped slightly backwards by 0.24 points or 1.47% ending with 16.14
- 30-year Treasury yield slumped by 0.34 points or 1.45% to close with 23.14
- Germany's 10-year yield fell one basis point to -0.36%.
- Britain's 10-year yield was little changed at 0.76%.
Commodities have also taken a hit in the market's decline. Crude Oil, Gold and Silver all has their prices dipping slightly from yesterday's. Here's the data for the said commodities:
- Crude Oil down by 1.28% to 60.28
- Gold dropped by 0.03% to 1,732.70
- Silver slipped by 0.62% to 25.08
International stocks mixed. Movements from Europe's Stoxx Europe 600, Japan's Nikkei 225, China's Shanghai and Hong Kong's Han Shen are as follows:
- Stoxx Europe 600 gained today by 0.08 or 0.19% and is currently at 423.39
- Nikkei 225 dropped by almost 2% or 579.78 and closed with 28,417.89
- Shanghai slip by 1.28% or 43.81 and ended at 3,367.96
- Han Sheng dipped by 2.17% or 620.01 and closed at 27,900.05
For more financial news and advisories do visit us at Olympus International Limited. You may also check what services we can offer by browsing at our website https://olympusintltd.com/
or contact us thru email.