News By Tag
News By Location
Olympus International: Nasdaq closed intraday record high as Stocks reversed earlier losses
Major indices have ended positive taking back some of its earlier losses since last week as investors outweigh economic recovery over growing numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country.
The Dow and S&P 500 both increased about 0.28% and 0.35%, respectively. Nasdaq outperformed and rose to a record intraday high.
· S&P 500 rose a bit with 10.30 points increase or is 0.28% higher to 3,702.26.
· The Dow Jones Industrial Average surge about 104.09 points or is higher by 0.35% to 30,173.88.
· Nasdaq Composite advanced around 62.83 points or 0.50% to 12,582.77.
· The Stoxx Europe 600 Index is also up by 0.2%.
· The MSCI Asia Pacific Index however fell short by 0.1%.
The US Treasury bonds dropped as talks about the new coronavirus stimulus in the congress has been under strict monitoring of most investors. According to some report, both Republican and Democrat is about to decide to extend the governments funding for another week, lawmakers on the other-hand is setting up another covid19 aid bill.
· The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note is down by a few points to 0.901%.
· The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond dropped quite a bit too to 1.66%.
· Germany's 10-year yield depreciates around three basis points to -0.61%.
· Britain's 10-year yield has loss three basis points to 0.257%.
Gold and crude ended up mixed as today's trading session expired.
· Gold strengthened a bit with 5.06 points increased or is 0.27% higher to $1,869.55 an ounce.
· Silver has no visible movements to $24.55 an ounce.
· West Texas Intermediate crude is down with less than 1 point or 0.35% to $45.60 per barrel.
· Brent crude has no significant move to $$48.82 per barrel.
Currencies in different countries rallied mixed with most closed a few bit higher as market closed around 4 p.m. in New York's time.
· US Dollar Currency Index less than a point or is 0.19% higher to 90.965 per dollar.
· The Japanese yen dropped around 0.1% to 104.16 per dollar.
· The euro has no to little change at $1.2106.
· The British pound fell quite a few to 0.2% to $1.3351.
For more financial news and advisories do visit us at Olympus International Limited. You may also check what services we can offer by browsing at our website https://olympusintltd.com/
Olympus International Limited