News By Tag
News By Location
Reliance Trading Co. Limited: S&P 500 and Nasdaq dropped big time after breaking new record high
Major indices closed down session this Wednesday lower after government's Federal Reserve minutes brought lack of optimism with regards about the economy's growth on this year's second quarter.
By: Reliance Trading Co. Limited
S&P 500 started positive recording another intraday high but ended up lower just before trading session has close.
Apple had reached about $2 Trillion market cap after gaining about 0.1% today, but it did not help Nasdaq to jump up. Amazon and Netflix fell on the other side both slide with more than 1%.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Wednesday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped for the third time this week, falling short about 85.12 points or 0.31% to 27,692.95 just before today's session end.
- Nasdaq Composite also dipped about 64.38 points or 0.57% to 11,146.46. Falling below its record high mark yesterday.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index has increased about 0.7%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index is down about 0.5%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note gained about one basis point to 0.6817%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond ended up higher with 3 basis points to 1.4309%.
- Germany's 10-year yield dropped about one basis point to -0.47%.
- Britain's 10-year yield had increased two basis points to 0.236%.
- Gold dipped big time losing about 68.84 points or 3.55% to $1,936.45 an ounce.
- Silver also is down by 1.07 points or 3.99% to $26.82 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is up with almost 0.1% to $42.93 per barrel.
- Brent crude dropped around 0.2% to $45.37 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index ended up a bit higher than yesterday at $92.71 per share.
- The euro is down by 0.8% to $1.184.
- The Japanese yen depreciated about 0.6% to 106.08 per dollar.
For more news about stock market and to know more about our services do visit our website Reliance Trading Co. Limited - https://www.reliancetradingco.com/
Reliance Trading Co. Limited