News By Tag
News By Place
Reliance Trading Co. Limited: Stock Market ended up mixed as major tech companies shares dropped
Nasdaq and S&P 500 dipped in today's session after most of the shares from tech giants has declined.
By: Reliance Trading Co. Limited
According to Federal Reserve Chairman, Jerome Powell, the U.S. central bank kept interest rates near zero which might stay until 2023.
He said in a statement, "We expect to maintain an accommodative stance of monetary policy until these outcomes, including maximum employment, are achieved."
Shares of Apple and Microsoft both declined around 2.9% and 1.8%, respectively. Netflix fell short about 2.5% and Alphabet depreciated 1.5%. Facebook is down by 3.3%, while Amazon ended up 2.5% lower.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market this Wednesday;
- Nasdaq Composite ended up 139.86 points lower or 1.25% to 11,050.47, as market closed 4 p.m. of New York time.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average on the other side climbed about 37.38 points or 0.13% higher to 28,032.98.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index is up by 0.6%.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index also gained around 0.6%.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note rose about one basis point to 0.693%.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond increased about 3 basis points to 1.460%.
- Germany's 10-year yield dipped about one basis point to -0.48%.
- Britain's 10-year yield fell shortly around one basis point to 0.211%.
- Gold price quite increased about 3.15 points or 0.16% higher to $1,958.75 an ounce.
- Silver has no to little change to $27.16 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude gained 1.88 points or 4.91% higher to $40.16 per barrel.
- Brent crude is up by 1.69 points or 4.17% to $42.22 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index was a little change at 93.03 per dollar.
- The euro has no visible changed to $1.1817.
- The Japanese yen move a bit at 104.96 per dollar.
For more news about stock market and to know more about our services do visit our website Reliance Trading Co. Limited - https://www.reliancetradingco.com/
Reliance Trading Co. Limited