Reliance Trading Co. Limited: Stock Market rise as US President Trump pushes for bigger stimulus
Major indices climbed up as market ends this week with traders getting hope that a new set of potential coronavirus stimulus package will push through.
By: Reliance Trading Co. Limited
Most averages have outperformed right after US President Donald Trump calls for a bigger coronavirus aid package.
Both the Dow and S&P 500 gained less than 1%, while, Nasdaq rose about 1.4%.
Treasuries and Dollar slid for the 4th time this week. Crude rallied but ended up lower as today's session closed.
Meanwhile, here are the main movements in Stock Market this Friday;
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed about 161.39 points or 0.57% to 28,586.90.
- Nasdaq Composite outperformed ending the market with 158.96 points gains or 1.39% higher to 11,579.94.
- The Nasdaq 100 Index is up by 1.5% to 11,725.85, the highest record yet in about five weeks.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index strengthened by 0.6% to 370.35, the largest mark yet in less than a month.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries weakened for about one basis point to 0.77%.
- The yield on 30-year Treasuries has decreased around two basis points to 1.57%.
- Britain's 10-year yield also loss one basis point to 0.28%.
- Germany's 10-year yield slid for less than one basis point to -0.53%.
- Gold increased about 34.52 points or has closed less than 2% higher to $1,929.64 an ounce.
- Silver climbed about 1.27 points or is 5.04% higher to $24.38 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude fell about less than 1 point or is 1.43% lower to $40.60 per barrel.
- Brent crude also slid for less than 1 point or 1.13% to $42.85 per barrel.
- US Dollar Currency Index has a little change at 0.55% lower to 93.06 per dollar.
- The Japanese yen has increased about 0.4% to 105.61 per dollar, its biggest jump in about three weeks.
- The euro jumps about 0.6% higher to $1.1824.
For more news about stock market and to know more about our services do visit our website Reliance Trading Co. Limited - https://www.reliancetradingco.com/
Reliance Trading Co. Limited