News By Tag
News By Place
Reliance Trading Co. Limited: S&P 500 almost hits record high, Major Indices are up market wraps up
Stocks rallied briefly on today's session getting back what was loss from the prior days. S&P 500 almost hit a record high breaking above 3,386.16 level from February 19 but fell short just as the market close this Wednesday.
By: Reliance Trading Co. Limited
Tech giants rebounds big time helping Nasdaq bring back its 11,000 level. Microsoft is up by 2.9% while Apple increased 3.3%. Facebook, Netflix and Alphabet all rose more than 1% while Amazon is up by 2.7%.
Here are the main movements in the Global Stock Market;
- The S&P 500 jumped up with 46.64 points increased or 1.40% to 3,380.33.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Averages climbed 289.64 points or 1.05% up to 27,976.55. Recording its highest in the past six months.
- Nasdaq Composite advanced with 229.42 points gains or 2.13% up to 11,012.24. Breaking the 10k range for the second time this month.
- The MSCI All-Country World Index jumped 1.2% to 570.82, the highest in almost six months on the biggest surge in more than five weeks.
- The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note gained more than 2 basis points to 0.685% on the start of today's session but ended lower as the market closed.
- The yield on the 30-year Treasury bond has no to little change at 1.351%.
- Germany's 10-year yield advances with at least three basis points to -0.45%, the highest in four weeks.
- Britain's 10-year yield increases a bit around four basis points to 0.237%, the highest in almost eight weeks.
- US Dollar Currency Index is rallying on the same range with a little to no change at $93.34 per share.
- The Japanese yen decreased a few points with 0.4% loss to 106.89 per dollar, its weakest yet in the last three weeks.
- The euro climbed up with 0.4% to $1.1788.
- Gold depreciate about 4.91 points or 0.26% down to $1,921.16 an ounce. Markings its 6th day straight loss.
- Silver decreased 0.26 point or 1.02% to $26.66 an ounce.
- West Texas Intermediate crude is up by 1.06 points or 2.55% to $42.67 per barrel.
- Brent crude gained 0.93 point or 2.09% to $45.43 per barrel.
For more news about stock market and to know more about our services do visit our website Reliance Trading Co. Limited - https://www.reliancetradingco.com/
Reliance Trading Co. Limited