Official Launch of Variscite's i.MX8X System on Module
Variscite has re-launched its VAR-SOM-MX8X System on Module, based on the i.MX8X processor with the latest NXP's qualified silicon for full production.
The SoM expands the solutions range offered by the VAR-SOM Pin2Pin product family and provides a pin-compatible option to i.MX8, i.MX8M, i.MX8M Mini, i.MX8M Nano, i.MX6, i.MX6UL/ULL/
The VAR-SOM-MX8X is based on i.MX 8QuadXPlus / 8DualXPlus / 8DualX processor with up to Quad 1.2GHz Cortex-A35. Thanks to the integration of ARM's most efficient Cortex-A35 cores with the Cortex-M4F real-time co-processor, the VAR-SOM-MX8X offers high processing capabilities in a power-optimized platform. In addition, the SoM provides a highly integrated solution with Vivante GC7000Lite GPU for 2D and 3D graphics acceleration, 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode, Camera Interfaces, DSI / LVDS, Parallel LCD, dual GbE, certified Wi-Fi/BT, CAN/CAN-FD, USB3 and serial interfaces.
Availability and pricing
The VAR-SOM-MX8X System on Module and associated evaluation kits are available for orders in production quantities from only $79 per unit for 1Kpcs orders. Please contact Variscite's Sales team for further details.
Product key features:
• NXP iMX8X 1.2GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A35
• Real-time 264MHz Cortex-M4F co-processor
• Up to 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC
• Integrated security and fail-safe features
• 2D/3D graphics acceleration
• 24-bit parallel LCD, LVDS/DSI
• 4K H.265 Decode, 1080p H.264 Encode/Decode
• HQ audio in/out
• Camera in: 1x MIPI-CSI2, 1x parallel CSI 8/10-bit
• 2x GbE, 2x USB 3.0, PCI-E
• Analog input, CAN/CAN-FD, UART, SPI, I2C, SD/MMC, touch
• Certified Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n + BT4.2/BLE
• Temperature range -40 to 85° C
• OS: Linux, Android
• Up to 15 years longevity