SEM Link launches 2019 "Back to STEM" Fundraising Campaign
Semi-Annual Fundraising Campaign to support its programs; exposing urban youth to STEM and STEM Careers
By: SEM Link Inc.
• 4th Annual DMV STEM Career Fair- October 12, 2019 10:00am-2:00 pm at the University of the District of Columbia
• Experimental Design Group Mentoring Program- September 2019-May 2020
• Teen Science Café's September 2018- April 2019- Atlanta in partnership with Boys and Girls Club of Metro Atlanta and 100 Black Men of Atlanta
•STEM in the City- September 2019-May 2020- Engaging families in field experiments with STEM professionals in Metro Atlanta parks
• Pi Day Celebration- March 14, 2020
• 13th Annual STEM Career Fair- April 11, 2019- Atlanta
•Selected Community Events- August 2019-June 2020 engaging families in hands on STEM activities at selected community events
The fundraiser will conclude Friday, September 27th. Supporters are encouraged to follow our Facebook and Instagram pages for photos and videos of our program activities and ways that you can support our programs; the campaign hashtag is #BacktoSTEM. "Every August when our new program year starts, I'm always excited our programs activities in classrooms, out of school time programs and communities. In the 2019-20, we are expanding our program activities as well as establishing new relationships that will allow us to expand our work, expose youth to more STEM career paths and develop their research and laboratory skills ." states our Founder and Executive Director Ms. Tokiwa T. Smith.
Contributions can be made via the campaign's website https://connect.clickandpledge.com/
SEM Link's website (www.semsuccess.org), or mail your check or money order made payable to SEM Link to 228 Auburn Avenue, NE, Atlanta, GA 30303.
Tiffany H. Mallory