Practical Appreciative Inquiry Live Facilitator Training Online
Appreciative Inquiry is a leading-edge method for getting people to focus on what's working and do more of it to get better results.
There will be two groups going through the course in parallel: one group for participants in SE Asia / ANZ time zones with lessons at 10:00 Central European Time (CET) and one for America / Europe with lessons at 16:00 / 4pm (Central European Time). In practice, you can choose to join either group to get the time slot that suits you.
A testimonial from a recent participant in this course: "What I needed was some hands-on experience with the process of AI. During the course, Andy provided exercises for us to tackle in smaller break-out groups. These gave me what I was looking for. Now, having experienced the process for myself, I am much more confident in describing it to others and facilitating my own sessions. I endorse and recommend the program because of Andy's practical approach to learning." - Paul Kimmerling, Consultant, Coach, and Facilitator, USA
In the course, you will learn how to use Appreciative Inquiry to:
• Structure a team coaching session that will change thinking and generate results
• Quickly get diverse groups talking freely to each other
• Get everyone collaborating on creating a shared vision
• Unleash the creativity of everyone in the team to generate new ideas
• Get from 'Dream' to action plan in less than two hours, with an engaging, participative method that involves the whole team.
Andy Smith, the course facilitator says, "About ten years ago I started teaching a two-day Practical Appreciative Inquiry course to show other coaches, trainers and business owners how to get started with Appreciative Inquiry. Many of the participants who have taken that course told me that they had read up on Appreciative Inquiry, maybe even taken some training in it, but they needed confidence about putting it into action. They needed to know that they're doing it 'right', about when to use it and when not, and how to apply Appreciative Inquiry when they are working in cynical, negatively oriented corporate cultures. From what the participants on that 'offline' version of the course have told me, and from how they've been using Appreciative Inquiry since completing the course, I know that it's possible to give you everything you need to start using the method with confidence in a short time." You can find out more at https://coachingleaders.co.uk/
The curriculum goes like this:
• Week 1: Intro to Appreciative Inquiry, where it came from, why it works, and principles (part 1)
• Week 2: Principles (part 2), the 5-D format (Defining, Discovery, Dream, Design, and Delivery/Destiny)
• Week 3: The Discovery stage and how to conduct successful Appreciative Interviews (formats, how to craft questions, what interviewers need to know)
• Week 4: The Dream stage, formats for building a shared vision, how to encourage the 'non-creative' participant
• Week 5: The Design stage, how to ensure quiet/introverted participants are heard, formats for getting from Dream to Delivery
• Week 6: The Delivery stage, the Fishbone/Swim Lanes format for quick, inclusive planning review of course experience.
There is also a one to one coaching session with Andy Smith towards the end of the course to help you plan your first implementation of Appreciative Inquiry. Previous students have said they have found this extremely valuable. Each live lesson will include the opportunity to ask questions, and you can email Andy with your questions in between lessons. There are some assignments in between each session. The time commitment for assignments will be at most two hours per week, probably less.
About: Andy Smith is an Emotional Intelligence consultant and Appreciative Inquiry facilitator based in the UK. He has been assisting individuals and groups with accelerated change for 20 years. His experience includes IT consultancy, stress management, and corporate branding. He is the author of Leadership EQ: How To Lead With Emotional Intelligence (Coaching Leaders 2014), and Achieve Your Goals: Strategies To Transform Your Life (Dorling Kindersley 2006). Andy is accredited to administer the Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI™) 360º assessment.
Andy has provided executive coaching, team facilitation, and training in emotional intelligence to a client list which includes the National School of Government, Disney, GlaxoSmithKline UK, Mizuho Corporate Bank, the Cabinet Office, Lancashire County Council, and the NHS. You can find out more at https://coachingleaders.co.uk/