Thiel College to honor Pa. elected officials Brooks and Longietti at annual Founders' Day ceremony
Thiel College will present the The Louis and Barbara Thiel Distinguished Service Award to Pa. state Senator Michele Brooks and Pa. state Representative Mark Longietti, J.D., in recognition of their ongoing support and advocacy.
By: Thiel College
The presentation is part of the College's annual Founders' Day celebration on February 7. Thiel (https://www.thiel.edu/)
Brooks and Longietti, of Farrell, Pa., have both supported the College for many years through advocating for government grants, speaking at the College's events, and networking with Thiel students in numerous capacities. Thiel College is in both lawmakers' legislative districts.
"We are so fortunate to have two lawmakers from different political parties willing to work together for the benefit of the region and our institution,"
In addition to the Barbara and Louis Thiel recognitions, the Founders' Day ceremony will highlight the contributions of several Thiel College employees.
Five staff members will be honored with a Distinguished Service Award.
• Cindy McClelland, of Greenville, Pa., administrative assistant, college advancement
• Than Oo, of Greenville, Pa., director of student activities and involvement
• Dennis Bish, of Jamestown, Pa., chief of police and director of public safety
• Andrew Houpt '85, of Greenville, Pa., interim director of facilities
• Tressa Snyder, of Hadley, Pa., reference librarian for instruction
Five faculty members also will be honored with awards.
• Distinguished Professor: Daniel Eppley, Ph.D., of Greenville, Pa., Professor of Religion and Faculty Chair
• Distinguished Scholar: Michael Balas, Ph.D., of Jamestown, Pa., Professor of Biology
• Distinguished Teacher: Anna Reinsel, Ph.D. '06, of Brookfield, Ohio, Associate Professor of Environmental Science and Chemistry and Department Chair
• Distinguished Service: Laura Pickens, Ph.D. '06, of West Middlesex, Pa., Associate Professor of Psychology and Department Chair
• Distinguished Adjunct: Nancy Katz, of Greenville, Pa., Adjunct Professor of English and academic coach
The Louis and Barbara Thiel Distinguished Service Award is given annually to individuals who demonstrate exemplary character, continuity of leadership, and long-term service to Greenville and the surrounding community. The recipients must show a commitment to the common good above private interests. The award is named after Louis and Barbara Thiel, whose generosity made possible the founding of Thiel College in 1866.
About Thiel College
Thiel College (https://www.thiel.edu/