SGS approved as ZDHC MRSL Conformance Level 1 Indicator
SGS has been approved by the ZDHC Foundation as an indicator of Level 1 ZDHC MRSL Conformance in connection with the ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module.
In 2017, ZDHC published an MRSL conformance guidance establishing the way in which chemical formulators can provide indicators of conformance, as well as how manufacturers and brands can find recognized and credible processes for chemical formulations compiled with ZDHC MRSL in ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module. [www.roadmaptozero.com/
ZDHC recognizes and accepts SGS as an indicator of level 1 ZDHC MRSL Conformance in connection with the ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module, which aims to ensure that chemicals are well-managed, risks are identified, and discharges minimized. The laboratories accepted as part of the SGS Global MRSL Conformance Certification Center are SGS's Hong Kong, Taiwan, India (Chennai), Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Turkey laboratories. All MRSL analysis to produce these certificates must be carried out by these laboratories. Chemical formulations tested by SGS conforming to ZDHC MRSL are recognized as Level 1 chemicals.
In assisting the textile and footwear supply chain toward the zero-discharge goal, SGS provides robust and holistic solutions for chemical and environmental management across the supply chain. Its Zero Discharge solution offers a holistic approach, which:
• Strengthens suppliers understanding of the ZDHC challenge and the importance of upstream chemical management
• Helps brands and retailers to support their supply chain's public disclosure needs
• Offers analysis, site visits and other technical consultancy services, all conducted methodically and scientifically, with results presented in an accurate and factual manner
• Supports research development and delivery of innovative solutions in chemical and environmental management
• Enables clients to understand their supply chain by benchmarking and establishing baselines, facilitating the identification of areas for improvement and devising a system to track, recognize and acknowledge improvements and achievement of goals
In an industry which annually uses 25% of the chemicals produced globally, manufacturers and brands are striving to reduce chemical discharges from their activities and demonstrate compliance to ZDHC MRSL. SGS is committed to supporting the textile and footwear industry to improve its chemical management in production. In addition to the MRSL program, SGS is working on other ZDHC programs, like training and wastewater testing, as an Accredited Training Provider (ATP) and accepted wastewater laboratory.
The ZDHC Foundation oversees implementation of the ZDHC Program. Its mission is to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals in the textile, leather and footwear value chain to improve the environment and people's well-being. Its vision is widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry and best practices in the textile, leather and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment.
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Skarlett Leung
SGS Global Softlines Development Office
Tel: +852 22048350
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.