News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
The Affluent Retiree: Ideas and Issues
This blog recognizes that affluent seniors may have the time and capital to do something they could not do before. For example, seniors have 5 times the net worth of the average American, which gives them far more disposable income for whatever they want to do, including travel, experiences and some have decided to become entrepreneurs. It is notable that the highest rate of business start-up activity over the past decade has consistently been among people in the 55-to-70 age bracket and almost half of all new entrepreneurs are in this age group.
· For the Affluent Retiree: How to Be An Angel Investor
· Engaging in the Intra-family Business Transfer for Estate Planning
· Digital Estate Planning Strategy
· Retirees' Tax Puzzle: Pay Now or Later?
· How to 'De-risk' Your Retirement Portfolio So it Doesn't Take a Big Plunge
· Best Retirement Investments for Steady Income Stream
Articles come from leading investment advisers, estate and tax attorneys. For example, the blog has just published an important article on how to "How to 'Pensionize' Any IRA or 401(k) Plan" The article comes from the Stanford Center on Longevity.
The article shows how a retiree can turn the IRS's Required Minimum Distribution for a 401K plan or IRA into a series of withdrawal percentages in order to achieve a Spend Safely in Retirement Strategy. This Strategy can be readily implemented from virtually any IRA or 401(k) plan without purchasing an annuity and assures income through the life of the retiree.
Other recent articles cover:
• How Much to Withhold for Taxes in Retirement
• Best Retirement Investments for Steady Income Stream
• Retirement Income Funds
• Total Return Portfolio
• Long Term Care Insurance
For free access to these essential articles go here: http://post-
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse