SEM Link launches 2018 "Back to STEM" Fundraising Campaign
SEM Link launches "Back to STEM" Semi-Annual Fundraising Campaign to support its programs; exposing urban youth to STEM and STEM Careers.
· 3rd Annual DMV STEM Career Fair- October 13, 2018 10:00am-2:00 pm at the University of the District of Columbia
· Experimental Design Group Mentoring Program- October 2018-March 2019
· Teen Science Café's September 2018- April 2019- Atlanta in partnership with Boys and Girls Club of Metro Atlanta, Usher's New Look Foundation
· National Chemistry Week Celebration- October 22-27, 2018
· National Engineers Week Celebration, February 19-23, 2019
· Pi Day Celebration- March 14, 2019
· 12th Annual STEM Career Fair- April 13, 2019- Atlanta
The fundraiser is set to conclude Friday, September 28th. The campaign will include a social media campaign each week to provide STEM educational tips and hand on STEM activities; look for the hands on activities on Wednesdays with the hashtag #WOSWednesday and look for the tips on Saturdays with the hashtag #BacktoSTEM. "As another program year starts, we are excited to once again engage in our work that exposes youth to STEM and STEM careers while connecting them with the STEM community." states our Founder and Executive Director Ms. Tokiwa T. Smith.
Contributions can be made via the campaign's website https://connect.clickandpledge.com/
SEM Link's website (www.semsuccess.org), SEM Link Facebook page (www.facebook.com/
About SEM Link
Science, Engineering and Mathematics Link, Inc. (SEM Link), a tax-exempt national nonprofit organization, founded in 2005 by Ms. Tokiwa T. Smith in Atlanta, Georgia on the premise that exposure to members of the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) communities is critical to student achievement and career exploration in math and science. Our two core programs, Experimental Design Program and Math and Science Career Academy, enhance the STEM educational experience for K-12 students by providing them with opportunities to engage in hands-on STEM activities, explore STEM careers and learn about real-world applications of STEM. Since our inception we have served thousands of youth in urban areas. Like SEM Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/
Tiffany H. Mallory