News By Tag
News By Place
ADT Apartment Security Alternatives - What You Should Know
You have just signed the new apartment lease and are about to start a new life. But...
You have just signed the new apartment lease and are about to start a new life. There are visions of purchasing new furniture and enjoying romantic nights with that certain someone.
The apartment you are renting seems to be in a good area and the neighbors that you have met seem likeable.
But what if there is a break in?
What measures should you take to be safe.
Apartment Burglary Tips:
1. Burglars tend to avoid homes with security systems.
2. Most burglaries take place between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
3. The majority of break-ins are committed by burglars who live nearby.
4. Most criminals can burglarize a home in less than ten minutes.
5. Almost 30% of burglars enter a home through an unlocked door or window.
6. An astonishing 34% of burglars enter through the front door.
7. Burglars usually go to the master bedroom first.
8. The average property dollar loss per burglary is a staggering $2,251.
9. Someone is home during nearly three out of every ten burglaries.
10. Only 13.6% of burglaries in 2014 resulted in arrests.
The Dirty Secret No One Tells You!
Sure you can buy an expensive alarm system that will protect your doors and windows. And, to be extra safe you will order their monthly monitoring and pay the extra fee.
But here's the problem; most apartment homes mandate that you provide them with the security codes. They say it's in case there is an emergency while you are away from the apartment. This certainly make sense.
Now here's the dirty secret; maintenance staff are often the cause of missing items (and those things that "magically" move around)!
Or maybe you think; "I've got that covered. I just bought this fancy WIFI security camera - if anything happens video goes straight to the cloud and I will see it immediately on my cell phone!"
The cunning maintenance staff will turn off the electricity to your apartment from outside the building! Then they simply roam around your apartment as much as they please.
It's time to put an end to this practice and to prosecute those theives!
Click the link below to find the solution: