34 Belvoir offices celebrate a total of 325 years with the company in 2017!
"Franchisees have the opportunity to renew their license every five years, and this year has been a real bumper one in terms of renewals," says Belvoir CEO, Dorian Gonsalves.
"Research by the British Franchise Association confirms that ownership changes in franchisee businesses are low, and failure rates are much lower than for other SMEs generally. This is certainly borne out by our experience, as during 2017 we saw 11 offices celebrating five years with Belvoir, 17 celebrating a decade, four achieving fifteen years and two offices completing 20 years!
"This is a fantastic achievement, not only for the offices involved, but as testimony to the success of Belvoir's business model, and the fantastic support provided by our franchise support team. The team at Central Office is always available to help franchisees maximize the potential of their businesses and to ensure that when the time comes for them to consider an exit strategy, they are in the best position to achieve a profitable resale to a new or existing franchisee within the network.
"We would like to offer a warm welcome to Natalie Boardman, who is one of our newest franchisees, and has recently bought our Belvoir Tunbridge Wells office. On 24th September this office will be celebrating ten successful years of providing an outstanding property management service to the landlords, tenants and vendors in the local area. We wish Natalie every success and hope that she enjoys a long and prosperous association with Belvoir over the coming years."
Natalie, who has a background in financial services, decided to buy a Belvoir franchise after the birth of her daughter last year.
"My husband is a chartered surveyor and both of us have always had an interest in property, and have been Buy to Let landlords for ten years," says Natalie.
"I did look at buying an independent business, but ultimately was drawn to Belvoir because of all the support that is provided. I am so glad that we did, as our Business Development Manager is great and we have the back up of a large organization with access to so many extra resources such as the legal helpline. It's great to know that there is always someone on the end of the 'phone when you need help with anything."
Natalie is currently taking her ARLA exams and will complete Belvoir's sales course in December, with a view to expanding the estate agency service provided by Belvoir Tunbridge Wells.
To find your nearest Belvoir office please visit https://www.belvoir.co.uk/
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
· Mike was chairman of the bfa for three consecutive years and is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Belvoir. Dorian Gonsalves is Chief Executive Officer. He also sits on the Board of The Property Ombudsman.
· Belvoir is recognised as the largest property franchise network on the High Street, with over 300 offices nationwide.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times. Belvoir also won the Silver Award in 2011.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, which was hosted by Phil Spencer, and won Silver in 2014 and 2015. Belvoir has won Brand Builder of the Year at the bfa Franchisor of the Year Awards 2011 and Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Franchise Marketing Association (FMA) Awards 2011.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February 2012.