Belvoir deal creates new Cumbria offices
Belvoir is pleased to announce that Belvoir Cumbria, which was previously a corporate-owned office based in Whitehaven, has successfully been purchased by Bulmans (Carlisle) Ltd, which will be rebranding its existing business to Belvoir.
The rebranding will create Belvoir's first office in Carlisle. In addition, the amalgamation of the Belvoir business in Whitehaven with the Bulman's office in Whitehaven, will form a new, larger Belvoir Cumbria office.
Confirming the completion of Belvoir's latest deal, CEO Dorian Gonsalves said: "Belvoir has maintained a presence in Cumbria for over a decade and we are delighted that Bulmans has chosen the Belvoir brand to strengthen their existing market position in both Carlisle and Whitehaven. The combined businesses will become one of the largest agencies in the North Cumbria area, and we are looking forward to seeing significant growth in the coming year and developing a mutually beneficial relationship with Adele Irwin, Darren Turnbull and Tony Phillipson, who are the new franchisees."
Commenting on the acquisition, Darren Turnbull said: "This deal was six months in the making, as we wanted to ensure that we made the right decision for our clients, staff and the business. We feel that by becoming part of the Belvoir brand we are well positioned to help our landlords navigate increased legislation and tax changes,and to help them prosper in the future."
This latest acquisition is part of Belvoir's long-term acquisition strategy. "We are keen to talk to any entrepreneurial independent agents who are not only interested in converting their current brand to Belvoir, but who are also interested in expanding their business through acquisition,"
"Belvoir has developed an Assisted Acquisition Programme for our franchisees, which can help to facilitate business growth. Last year Belvoir franchisees acquired 23 independent businesses through this programme and we anticipate that there will be a much higher total by the end of 2018. The programme offers an ideal opportunity for any independent agent who is interested in significantly growing their business and becoming part of a strong network and reputable brand. I would recommend anyone interested to contact Martin Bunney, our Director of Acquisitions, on 01476 570000, for a confidential chat and to find out more."
To find your nearest Belvoir office and to read the Belvoir Q3 rental index in full, please visit www.belvoir.co.uk
NOTES TO EDITORS
· Belvoir was founded in February 1995 by Mike and Stephanie Goddard. Its Central Office is in Grantham, Lincolnshire. Mike is currently Belvoir's Non-Executive Chairman.
· Belvoir is recognised as the largest property franchise network on the High Street, with over 300 offices nationwide.
· Belvoir was officially awarded the Best Lettings Agency Franchise – Gold Award at the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2010 Lettings Agency of the Year Awards in association with The Sunday Times & The Times.
· Belvoir won the Franchise/Network of the Year at the Negotiator Awards 2017.
· Belvoir was voted Best Large Lettings Chain at the Estate & Letting Agent Awards (ESTAs) 2013, and won Silver in 2014 and 2015.
· Belvoir is a founder member of the SAFEagent Kitemark scheme, which is fully supported by NALS. SAFEagent promotes client money protection (CMP) and provides consumers with a clear message on those agents they should do business with.
· Belvoir successfully listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange on 21st February 2012.