News By Tag
News By Place
Announcing Sixty-Three Finalists for Fourth Annual SBC Industry Achievement Awards
SBC Industry Achievement awards salute and spotlight sustainable business leaders and companies for their commitment to sustainability
The sixty-three finalists are divided among six judged award categories and feature:
SBC’s Sustainable Seedling Small Business Award
Organically At Your Best
Native State Foods, Inc.
Fifth Dimension Clothing
Pick My Solar Corp.
SBC’s Sustainable Small Business Award
Noble Environmental Technologies
Grades of Green
Bike and Park Santa Monica
EKLA HOME, INC.
Live Good, Inc.
Joanna Garzilli Inc.
Plan It Green Printing
Lori's Original Lemonade, LLC
Santa Monica Electric Vehicles, Inc
Green Galaxy Enterprises
Silverstone Consulting, Inc
AquaBio Environmental Technologies, Inc.
Growing Roots LLC
SBC’s Sustainable Business Award
Grassroots Natural Market & Kitchen
Follow Your Heart
Arpin Group, Inc.
American Solar Direct
SoCalGas, A Sempra Energy Utility
The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites
SBC’s B Corp Award
Out of the Box Collective
SBC's Best Public Advocate in Sustainability Award
Bowman Change, Inc.
Green With Tiffany
Founder and Chief Tree Hugger
Rent A Green Box
Plug In America
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
BigBike Group/ PickMySolar.com
SBC’s Sustainable Restaurant Award
SBC’s People’s Choice: Sustainable Restaurant Award Finalists to Date
Apply now for this award:
Locali Conscious Convenience
SBC's Sustainable Seedling Small Business Award (Revenue under $100,000)
· Andy Funk, Impact Investor, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist-confirmed 2015
· Robert Arbour, President, Triple Net Equities, Inc.
· Kwiri Yang, Chief Sustainability Officer Company, Eco520 Inc
· Paul Shustak, Founder & CEO, GroupDragon
SBC's Sustainable Small Business Award (Revenue between $100,000-$1 Million Dollars)
· Sandy Itkoff, CEO, Marvel Energy Inc.
· Allen Esrock, Founder, Preferred Partners Recruiting
· Jan Perry, General Manager, City of Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department
SBC's Sustainable Business Award (Revenue over $1 Million Dollars)
· Zhena Muzyka, Publisher-Enliven Books, the Newest Imprint of Atria/Simon & Schuster;
Host-CBS Radio Podcast/Change Maker; Founder of Zhena's Gypsy Tea
· Anil Tammineedi, Principal, Angeleno Group-confirmed 2015
· Fred H. Walti II, Executive Director, LACLEANTECH Incubator
· Dean Kubani, Director, City of Santa Monica's Office of Sustainability and the Environment
SBC's B Corp Award
· Rhiannon Bailard, Associate Vice President, Center for Sustainability, Governmental & Regulatory Affairs and Founding Director of the Center of Sustainability, Pepperdine University
· Elizabeth Topp, Co-Founder, M?D, Meaningful Organizational Design, Inc.
· Ken Eskenazi, CEO, Innovation To Industry, Inc.
· Andy Fyfe, Community Development, B Lab
SBC's Best Public Advocate for Sustainability Award
· Carl Bressler, Strategic Advisor, Actor, Investor,TransplantConnect.com-
· June Stoddard, President, JS Executive Search
· John DeGolyer, Business Sales and Acquisitions, BizEx
SBC's People's Choice Award: Sustainable Restaurant
· Moe Fakih, Director of Sustainability, VCA-Green
· Robin Shank, Sustainability Circle Coach, True Market Solutions
· Susan Frank, Executive VP & COO
The awards reception and ceremony salutes and spotlights Southern California companies working daily to support the mission of SBC: to improve operating efficiencies, profit margins, and staff productivity, while lowering the ecological impact of its products and services. In addition to company efforts, there are award categories carved out for outstanding individuals and projects.
For SBC Industry Achievement Awards further details visit: http://tinyurl.com/
# # #
About the Sustainable Business Council
The Sustainable Business Council of Los Angeles (SBC) is a non-profit organization which provides professional networking, mentoring, and educational forums to sustainable business professionals in Southern California. The organization's goal is to help members improve their operating efficiencies, profit margins, and staff productivity as they reduce the ecological impact of their products and services. For more information, please visit http://www.sustainablebc.org.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 20, 2015