News By Tag
News By Location
5 Tips for Proper Maintenance of Lined Vibratory Feeder Bowls
1. Vacuum Brushlon™ To remove debris in Brushlon™ coated vibratory bowls, a vacuum is the most effective way to clean between the carpet-like bristles.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals Avoid using harsh chemicals including alcohol and acetone. These types of cleaners can not only remove the lining, but can also leave the bowl feeling tacky which can alter how parts maneuver and are fed in the bowl. For nylon and polyurethane coated bowls, avoid acids, bases, strong oxidizing agents.
3. Use soft materials to apply cleaning agent Use a soft cloth rather than a scouring pad or any other abrasive material that may scratch or wear the feeder bowl.
4. Line-X Line-X manufacturers recommend cleaning coated items with Simple Green, an environmental friendly all-purpose cleaner, and a bristle brush. Brake fluid will strip Line-X within 24 hours. A general rule of thumb is to use cleaners that are in plastic bottles and avoid products in metal containers.
5. Wipe equipment dry Leaving chemicals or any type of cleaner sit in the feeder bowl, can damage the lining. Make certain that the surface is dry after any cleaner has been applied.
If you have any questions or concerns on how to care for your vibratory feeding equipment, contact ADI. Automation Devices, Inc. is a vibratory feeder manufacturer in Fairview, PA specializing in vibratory feeders, centrifugal feeders, hoppers and vibratory controllers. ADI offers in stock products and custom designed vibratory feeding systems. For more information, please visit www.autodev.com or call Automation Devices, Inc. at 814-474-5561.