News By Tag
News By Place
Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas Fields Eight Author Finalists For Awards
2014 Selah Awards to Be Presented at Writers Conference May 21
Management, Finance and Public Relations
CONTACT: Bob Blank 828 337 2851 hepburngroup@
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE May 18, 2014
(Raleigh NC) Eddie Jones, founder and publisher of Raleigh-based Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (LPC), announced this week that eight LPC authors are finalists for 2014 Selah Awards. The Selah Awards, to be presented May 21 at the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference in at Ridgecrest, NC, are awarded to books considered excellent within 13 specific genres.
LPC is one of the nation’s fastest-growing independent publishers, and has developed several imprints for new and previously published authors. The finalists for the Selah awards, which are reader-juried, were announced May 6 by Alton Gansky, Director of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, and Eva Marie Everson, Contest Director. Three finalists are nominated for each awards category.
“At Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, our aim is to present fiction and nonfiction overlaid with God’s truth,” Jones noted. “Those authors who reached the finals of the Selah Award, inspire and challenge readers to attain a deeper relationship with God through their stories.”
Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference is held annually at Ridgecrest Conference Center near Asheville, NC. Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas authors who are finalists include:
• Cynthia Howerter & La-Tan Roland Murphy for God’s Provision in Tough Times,and Rose Chandler Johnson for God, Me, and Sweet Iced Tea - Inspiration and Gift.
• Cyle Young, for Belly Buttons & Broken Hearts - Young Adult Nonfiction
• Elaine Marie Cooper for Fields of the Fatherless, and Tessa Emily Hall for Purple Moon - Young Adult Fiction
• Carole Brown for The Redemption of Caralynne Hayman, Aaron D. Gansky for The Bargain, and Tessa Emily Hall for Purple Moon - First Novel
• Linda Wood Rondeau for A Christmas Prayer - Fiction - Novella
• Ann Tatlock, who was recently appointed Acquisitions and Managing Editor for LPC’s Historical Fiction Imprint, for Sweet Mercy (Bethany House Publishers) -Fiction – Historical
It should also be noted that Jones was named a finalist for his middle--grade novel, Dead Low Tide, published by HarperCollins - Young Adult Fiction.
The reader-juried Selah Awards are open industry wide and internationally to authors published by traditional and nontraditional publishing houses within the previous year. The awards will be given during the awards banquet held on Wednesday evening, May 21, at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The 2014 Book of the Year award is chosen by the contest director from the top scores/first place
The banquet will be telecast live over the internet. To access the live stream during the awards banquet: http://ridgecrestconferencecenter.org/