News By Tag
News By Location
Best of the Fashion Doll Industry Awarded by Public Vote
The 3rd annual DollObservers.com Fashion Doll Award winners have been announced
Other big winners included Integrity Toys, Superdoll Collectables and Dollcis doll designer Paul Pham who won Best Fashion Doll Designer. This year also saw the introduction of a new category, Best One of a Kind Fashion (OOAK) Designer, intended to celebrate independant and artisan creativity. The eventual award went to OOAK artists Nik Moronese & Marie Lebreton, otherwise known as ninimomo, from Spain. Not only are the votes being made by the very people who adore, as well as purchase these dolls, the nominations are decided by the registered members of the Dollobservers.com community themselves.
As Simon Farnworth, owner and Community Manager of DollObservers.com (find us at http://dollobservers.com), points out: "What makes these awards so special is the way that collectors get right behind them and this year we had a record number of people nominating and voting. All the winners should be honoured that genuine fans and collectors think they are the best in their field." He went on to say, "I hope to make next year's awards even bigger and would love to be able to host a live Awards Ceremony in the future."
DollObservers.com Fashion Doll Awards Facts at a glance
• This is the third year in a row that the awards have taken place
• The Dollobservers.com Fashion Doll Awards are affectionately known as the DOFDAs.
• The awards are centred around adult collectable dolls and the adults who collect them
• Unlike other similar awards, all nominees and eventual winners are decided by actual doll collectors themselves.
• Thousands of collectors nominated and voted in this year's awards