News By Tag
* Kidney Transplant India
* Cost kidney transplant
* Best Hospital
* Kidney Transplant Operation
* More Tags...
News By Place
How much does Kidney transplant cost in India?
Getting a kidney transplant is abroad is an overwhelming decision and the cost is an important factor in choosing the destination where you would get kidney transplant surgery done.
However, if you know a few things, not only it becomes easy for you to decide but the entire process of availing kidney transplant operation becomes easier.
Cost of kidney transplant in India (http://indicure.com.ng/
The average cost of kidney transplant in India is around 14,000 US dollars which is less than a third of the cost of kidney transplant surgery in US, UK or any other Western country. Kidney transplant in India is done at the best kidney transplant hospitals (http://indicure.com.ng/
What is included in the cost for renal transplant
The standard cost includes:
· Initial work up—tests and investigations for the donor and the recipient
· Surgery charges for both donor and recipient
· Stay at two weeks at the hospital in a private deluxe room
· Stay of one companion free with the patient
· Airport transfers
Other cost you should consider when planning for kidney transplant in India
· Accommodation cost before the surgery and after the surgery outside the hospital
· Food cost when staying outside the hospital
· Taxi/ transport charges
· Medicines which are not included in the standard package:
o Immunosuppressives, eg. Cyclosporine, Tacrolimus, Azathioprine, Mycophenolate mofetil, etc
o Induction agents like Simulect, Zenapax, ALG, ATG, etc
o Antibiotics or other agents that may be used to combat major infections
Many times you may not be told about these additional costs, but it is better to be prepared with these extra costs as they form a chunk of the cost that you would spend for getting kidney transplant operation in India.
Important Guidelines for kidney transplant in India
· Renal transplant in India or any organ transplant requires permission from the govt and has to be approved from a committee before the transplant.
· The patient needs to bring a live donor with hi, who is a blood relative of the patient. Organ transplant act in India does not approve unrelated donors unless approved by the transplant committee.
· Patient should bring all necessary documents with him
· Once the committee approves the procedure, it can be undertaken at any of the best kidney transplant hospitals in India.
How to get kidney transplant surgery in India?
· Send the latest medical reports of the patient and the donor for us to send you the detailed medical opinion by the Kidney Transplant Team.
· Details especially viral markers (HIV mainly of donor and recipient) and blood group of both donor and recipient is needed, which can be done locally or a country close to you. If HIV is negative and related donor is blood group, the patient can go for transplant.
· The patient and the donor would be advised to come to India where then have to get evaluated, have dialysis and be worked up for transplant
· After the organ transplant committee approves the transplant, the surgery is done
It is always best to work with a professional company who can guide you step by step and help you with various arrangements, so that you can concentrate on your health and recovery.
IndiCure is one such renowned company in India which has arranged kidney transplant for various people from across the world. For more information on kidney transplant in India, visit http://www.indicure.com or write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 9818462127 or +91 9320036777.