News By Tag
News By Place
The Learning Genome Project unveils new solution for personalized education through crowd sourcing
Educator Kelly Tenkely invites educators, parents and investors around the world to join in personalizing education.
"Every child deserves to be met right where they are in learning, rather than expected to fit a one-size-fits-
The Learning Genome makes personalized learning available to children around the world by:
* Gathering information about an individual child including: their unique interests/passions, learning style preferences, multiple intelligence strengths, brain dominance, and maturation level.
* Crowdsourcing the tagging of both free, as well as premium, education resources and curriculum with hundreds of learning attributes (the 'genes' of learning).
* Matching resources and curriculum to students, recommending the materials that best meet their needs and creating a custom learning map for each child.
* Utilizing an open API so that schools, parents, and districts can build additional functionality to meet their specific needs.
This is the Learning Genome Project's free "hub" that makes personalized learning available to every child.
Said Kelly, "Every child, regardless of their economic situation, deserves an education that is tailored to them. Society benefits when we help kids learn how to best utilize their unique gifts and passions."
Premium features of the Learning Genome Project will include:
* A student information system
* An e-portfolio
* A teacher and student planner
* Blogging tools
* An e-learning center
* An individual learning map for each child
The premium features will work seamlessly with the Learning Genome hub giving students, teachers, and parents a complete solution to personalized learning.
The Learning Genome Project is seeking crowd-sourced funding through Indiegogo and will use the $85,000 raised to begin programming. The project has 45 days to raise the funds and can be found here: At indiegogo "Learning Genome Project".
In addition to her work on the Learning Genome Project, Kelly Tenkely is an educator, a prolific education blogger, and created a new educational model. This model is put into practice at Anastasis Academy, a school that Kelly co-founded that is just beginning its 2nd year in operation.