A1 Spouse Visa English Test in London Birmingham Manchester

UKBA has introduced new rules for people applying for Spouse visas. Everyone must pass English Language test at the minimum level of A1 under CEFR.
Aug. 27, 2012 - PRLog -- This post is taken from the UKBA website. You can view the full article on the link below.

On 11 June 2012 the Government announced changes to the Immigration Rules for non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals applying to enter or remain in the UK on the family migration route. The new Immigration Rules will also unify consideration under the rules and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, by defining the basis on which a person can enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family or private life.

Today (13 June 2012) rules have been laid in Parliament which will bring these changes into effect, along with an impact assessment, a policy equality statement and a statement on the compatibility of the rules with Article 8.

Most of these changes will apply to new applicants from 9 July 2012.

The changes are part of the Government’s programme of reform of the immigration routes and follow wide consultation and expert advice from the Migration Advisory Committee. The changes include:

   introducing a new minimum income threshold of £18,600 for sponsoring the settlement in the UK of a spouse or partner, or fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of non-European Economic Area (EEA) nationality, with a higher threshold for any children also sponsored; £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child;
   publishing, in casework guidance, a list of factors associated with genuine and non-genuine relationships, to help UK Border Agency caseworkers to focus on these issues;
   extending the minimum probationary period for settlement for non-EEA spouses andpartners from two years to five years, to test the genuineness of the relationship;
   abolishing immediate settlement for the migrant spouses and partner where a couple have been living together overseas for at least 4 years, and requiring them to complete a 5 year probationary period;
   from October 2013, requiring all applicants for settlement to pass the Life in the UK Test and present an English language speaking and listening qualification at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages unless they are exempt;
   allowing adult and elderly dependants to settle in the UK only where they can demonstrate that, as a result of age, illness or disability, they require a level of long-term personal care that can only be provided by a relative in the UK, and requiring them to apply from overseas rather than switch in the UK from another category, for example as a visitor; and
   restricting family visit visa appeals, initially by narrowing the current definitions of family and sponsor for appeal purposes, and then, subject to the passage of the Crime and Courts Bill, which was published on 11 May 2012, removing the full right of appeal against refusal of a family visit visa.

For more information about the changes that are being introduced and details of transitional arrangements, please see the Statement of Changes to the Immigration rules (HC 194), the Explanatory Memorandum, impact assessment, the policy equality statement and European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) memorandum on the right side of this page.


How to book your test

UK Marriage Visa requirements

Anyone applying for a UK marriage visa needs to take a basic English test. That was the new rule announced in November 2010.

Our A1 Spouse visa English test training centre in London helps people who want to apply for a UK marriage visa. The test you will be doing is an A1 spouse visa English test which is a speaking and listening only exam. You can call our training academy on 0208 279 0719 for full details.

How to get started with booking your marriage visa test

   First you need to be sure that it is a spousal visa you are applying for (marriage visa for UK) and NOT Citizenship or Indefinite leave to remain. (Many people get this confused).

You can also study with us for ESOL Citizenship course for your Indefinite Stay or British Nationality.

   You can come into our London office to register. You need to bring with you

    Your I.D (passport or full driving licence)
   Proof of address (utility bill or bank statement)
   2 passport size pictures

If you do not have your passport or driving licence, please call us so we can guide your for alternative documents.

Our Exam fee includes everything – 1. training/preparation, 2.Certificate 3.Examination fees.

We can make special arrangements if you require urgent course, training or test. We have training classes and exams every week.
We guarantee to teach you until you pass.

Our ESOL training centre is opened 7 days a week, we provide A1 Spouse visa exams for candidates across the country.– call us to see how we can help you – 0208 279 0719- Mobil. 07958543211

We are here to help you the very best we can. For all your english exam needs for Home Office, you have come to the right place.

Email:***@intelligenttrainingacademy.com Email Verified
Zip:E11 3HU
Tags:A1 spouse visa test, English Test For Marriage Visa, Uk Spouse Visa Test, Esol English Certificate, Cefr Level A1 Test
Industry:UKBA News
Location:Leyton - London, Greater - England
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Page Updated Last on: Aug 27, 2012

Like PRLog?
Click to Share