News By Tag
News By Place
Horror Realm 2012 Spring Break Massacre & Zombie Gras on March 10
One day convention and costume party offers entertainment relief for horror fans
By: Horror Realm
The second annual Spring Break Massacre takes place at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, the same location that hosts the group’s annual fall convention, which will be held September 21-23, 2012. The March show is on a smaller scale, focusing on interactive events and offering an opportunity for local and first time vendors to participate.
This year, a second dealer room has been added to accommodate more vendors, in response to a sell out and waiting list in 2011. A variety of vendors including local artists, crafts people, authors and merchants selling DVDs, jewelry, t-shirts and other horror themed merchandise will be on hand.
Guests for the March show include:
• Mike Christopher, actor and composer best known as the Hare Krishna zombie in George Romero’s Dawn of the Dead, which was filmed at Monroeville Mall in 1978
• John Amplas, stage and screen actor and star of the Romero film Martin, who also appeared in Romero’s Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Knightriders
• Kyra Schon, who played child zombie Karen Cooper in Romero’s Night of the Living Dead
• Lawrence C. Connolly, author and “21st century scop” whose latest book Voices: Tales of Horror has been nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection
The show also includes interactive events and games such as:
• VHS Room & swap meet sponsored by Butcher Shop Online
• Horror Realm Fall guest announcements
• The Horror Match Game hosted by Mr. Schlock
• Guest panels/Q&A sessions
• Are You Smarter* Than Tim Gross (*about horror movies)
Dealer and guest room hours are 11 AM to 7 PM. The VHS room will run from 11 AM to midnight. At 9 PM, the Zombie Gras costume party will begin with a DJ, cash bar and zombie king and queen pageant.
Admission prices are $7 for the convention only; $10 for convention and Zombie Gras combo ticket; and $5 for the Zombie Gras only (18 and older, valid ID required). Children under 12 are admitted to the convention for free but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Some material may not be suitable for younger children.
Tickets may be purchased in advance through Showclix at http://www.showclix.com/
For more information, please visit www.horrorrealmcon.com.